• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kodak Moments

lies

Sometimes you see something that you know you'll want to share with other people later on, but you also know that it'll be one of those "you had to be there" stories, and you keep kicking yourself for not bringing your camera.

Sound familiar?
Well, that's how I felt when I got to the end of my street earlier on today, and saw a dead sheep lying in a wheelbarrow... next to a soccer field.

I wonder what went down there.

there was once when i went trekking with friends atop a mountain. i just threw a stone downhill and out of nowhere we were surrounded by at least 10000 bees. we wrapped towels round our faces and ran for our lives , almost falling down the cliff
i should have taken a pic then , i guess i was too busy trying to save my ass from getting bitten

There's a vacuum cleaner stuck up a tree outside where I work. I think the local coven's attempt to adopt new technologies didn't work out as well as they'd hoped.

Litany said:
There's a vacuum cleaner stuck up a tree outside where I work. I think the local coven's attempt to adopt new technologies didn't work out as well as they'd hoped.

There's a squat near where I used to live, and they had shopping carts and office chairs and the likes up in their tree. Not just ordinary stuff either, but "customized" things. It looked good, after a fashion.

And Piedro:
xyxthumbs.gif
on escaping those killer bees!

At Uni, we moved all the furniture out of one chap's room onto the lawn outside, and used the tree as his new wardrobe. He didn't seem to appreciate the beauty of the thing, but I reckon we could have sold that as art. I'd be rich by now. Rich beyond the dreams of avarice. Or at the very least have enough to buy a chunky kitkat.

When my mom's cat was a kitten she was playing on her cat furniture. Mom has put her purse on top and the kitten, Sadie, managed to fall off the furniture. However, the purse strap caught her between her hips and hind legs and she was swinging from the cat furniture for about 10 seconds. If any of us had had time for a photograph, it would've been taken. It was highly entertaining.

Yeah, well the other day I was sitting at a stop light. Just as the light turned green, I looked at the car to my right. A big dog, head hanging out the back window, turned and looked at me and he was wearing :cool:

piedro said:
there was once when i went trekking with friends atop a mountain. i just threw a stone downhill and out of nowhere we were surrounded by at least 10000 bees. we wrapped towels round our faces and ran for our lives , almost falling down the cliff
i should have taken a pic then , i guess i was too busy trying to save my ass from getting bitten

10,000? Did you count them? lol

Regards
Sillywabbit

yesterday we had a cultural fest in our college.we had adventure sports in which i did rappling.
climbing down from the fourth floor with the help of only a rope is shit scary!
roundabout the third floor i slowed down and as a result i was hovering in the air , swinging like a pendulum.
the view of the ground from that position would have made a hell of a pic!

Standing on a hill in Eastern Europe and watching two huge (and separate) electric storms on a ruined citadel in the distant- on the left sheet lightening, to the right forked lightening. Don't think it would've come out on a camera but would have made a beautiful photo nonetheless.
Something I did capture, or at least its aftermath, was when a tin/spray gun type thing with green paint in it exploded all over my dad - I ran for the camera then and t'is immortalised forever in our family album. :D

This isn't my own experience but my friend told me abotu this the day after it happened to her. She was curling and tripped and hit the wall and spun around and fell into the garbage can.

Around 8 or 9 years ago Danny, a German exchange student stayed with us. At the time, my puppy Raven was still alive. Raven was a 200 pound Newfoundland and for those of you that don't know the breed, think black Saint Bernard.
Any way, Raven had a habit of sitting on the couch like he was human. He was big enough to sit and still have all 4 feet on the floor. One afternoon Danny was sleeping on the couch and Raven backed up to him and sat on his face. It was hilliarious. All you could see were Danny's arms & legs waving around with a muffled German cursing that sounded off in the distance. Meanwhile Raven was turning back and giving a look like "do you hear something?"
I was lucky enough to have one of those old instamatic cameras close by and still have the picture in an album somewhere.

Damn I miss that dog......
RaVeN

Back