• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

konnichiwa!

jneni

Hi there :)

Jenny here! I'm from a small country called Singapore, I'm 24 and I work in a laboratory as a Research Assistant. I stumbled upon this site by chance when I was google-ing for top 100 must-read literature =D In the past I've only joined another book forum, so hopefully this is another fun place to hang around!

My favorite author would be J.R.R.Tolkien and Jane Austen :) I'm not exactly a hardcore fantasy fan, but I sure did enjoyed The Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit as well as the Silmarillion. As for Jane Austen, I enjoyed most of her books and my favorite from her would be Emma. In general, I read different kinds of books (except pure Romance, just never learned to like them). Now, I'm trying hard to improve myself so that I can finally understand Shakespeare's masterpieces.

That's all about me ^.^ Please welcome me here!

Hello Jenny and welcome to the forum. I myself have been here for a good time, but it has been a while since I posted. There is something in this forum that always grabs you back to it. Hope you enjoy your stay!

By the way, do you say konnichiwa in Singapore, because I enjoy as Japanese ;) ?

I'm a Chinese :) but I'm learning Japanese currently! I was thinking of saying "Hello" or "Hi" but then I thought I could make use of what I've been learning!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a Chinese :) but I'm learning Japanese currently! I was thinking of saying "Hello" or "Hi" but then I thought I could make use of what I've been learning!

Thanks for the welcome!

Using learning is fun. Annyung. (That's Korean for "Hi".)

Do you use Mandarin or Cantonese?

:) it's me again. You know, I'm learning spanish. I think lots of people on this forum are bilingual

Hi and welcome

My partner and I visited your lovely country last year for the Singapore American School 50th anniversary. My grandparents lived there for 10 years and my mum and aunt were past students at SAS. We had a wonderful time and would go back again. Thinking back on this has made me wish I could go to Newton Circus for lunch :D

Hey thanks for the warmth welcome and the helpful link too ^.^

so Tyche, you liked Singapore? Well ^.^ I'm surprised you remember Newton Circus too. Your profile says you're from Australia, I would love to visit Australia some time too!

I went to singapore. They tried to cane me, but I represented myself in court and so I had a good lawyer.

I use English and Mandarin mainly, but I also speak fluent Cantonese :)

And you are working on Japanese? Wow. You're lucky. I know a little Mandarin, emphasis on a little. I took beginner Mandarin in university, but it totally didn't stick. Really hard to learn for me, even in pinyin. I remember just a little. Nin shenti hao ma?

so Tyche, you liked Singapore? Well ^.^ I'm surprised you remember Newton Circus too. Your profile says you're from Australia, I would love to visit Australia some time too!

I grew up hearing about my mums time in Singapore so alot of the places we visited I had heard a bit about. We were there 8 days and visited something new every day. I also shopped my heart out!

I hope you get to visit Australia one day. I think you'll like it, although travelling time between places takes a fair bit longer than in Singapore :D

@nomadic: I'm doing good ^.^ just caught a little cold that's all. How about you?

@tyche: Yes since Australia is large (and a continent by itself!). I have friends in Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Tasmania, travelling shouldn't be hard! xD

Back