• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kurt Wallander Mystery - Henning Mankell

I have jo nesbo on my list but have not gotten to him yet

i am currently reading michael connelly's' new book which is not a bosch
i am really enjoying it ... He's brought back the investigative crime reporter from the poet and the woman fbi agent with whom he worked all those years ago. I am almost finished and i do recommend it.

Read the entire series up to the Frost (featuring Linda Wallander)... and of course, the final one, which to my knowledge, is yet to be translated into English. I also have not touched the Pyramid yet.

I absolutely loved the series. I've thought about going back and re-reading them in a couple of years.

I recently finished the White Lioness and it was quite good. The story line running in both Sweden and South Africa was well done. However, Wallander as a police officer is at times very trying, his reluctance at using firearms when up against criminals, his reluctance to rely on and trust his comrades, then running off as the lone wolf paints him at being borderline stupid. But yet I still read the stories, go figure. I am now reading the book which follows White Lioness, the Man Who smiled, I think it is. Just getting started in it but the pity party he has for first few chapters almost made me stop, but I won't.
I got interested in reading the stories after watching the episodes of Wallender last year on PBS. More episodes are coming.
Having retired after a career in Law Enforcement makes me a bit more critical than most I suppose. Though I really like Harry Bosch and he does the loner bit too. just read 9 Dragons and you'll see.

The Man Who Smiled was not my favorite Mankell novel, but it wasn't bad. A good read.

I just began reading the "Killing Floor," the first book featuring Jack Reacher.

Henning Mankell

I was reading all of the Reacher stories up until I read the one where the author disparages Christians, chastises hunting and extols PETA. All this from an author whose character kills folks left and right. The author lost me there.

Back