• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Larry Niven: Ringworld

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
I just finished this today. I don't know what kept me from reading it before. I liked the premise and enjoyed the story.

I give it :star4:

Are the rest of the books in the series worth reading?

I just finished this today. I don't know what kept me from reading it before. I liked the premise and enjoyed the story.

I give it :star4:

Are the rest of the books in the series worth reading?

You must of noticed something about it I didn't. I hated that book. Its got a great premise, but I got bored with Niven showing off (lawn from england, etc.).

I enjoyed all of them. I've read a few other books from Larry Niven since, and I've enjoyed most of them as well.

You must of noticed something about it I didn't. I hated that book. Its got a great premise, but I got bored with Niven showing off (lawn from england, etc.).

I actually gave up on it too although I don't think I gave it a long enough chance. May try again someday, but I'm pretty sure I prefer my Niven mixed with some Pournelle.

I bought the sequel to that called The Gripping Hand and I'll probably get to reading it this summer. I hope it's worth it.

I finished The Ringworld Engineers last night. I didn't enjoy it.

The Ringworld Engineers serves as yet another data point to my argument that if an author wasn't planning on a sequel then he probably shouldn't write one if the author's fans demand it. I am tentatively calling this phenomenon Rendevous with Rama Syndrom.

Back