• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last Great Book You Bought

The Accidental, by Ali Smith. I'm still listening to it on CD it, and I'm absolutely loving it. I posted a link in the Audio Books thread.

I've bought several good books recently, but the last book I bought that I'd call "really great" is Phantom by Susan Kay. It's a spin-off of Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, but it's better than the original. I'm surprised it hasn't gained more attention than it has.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
I've bought several good books recently, but the last book I bought that I'd call "really great" is Phantom by Susan Kay. It's a spin-off of Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, but it's better than the original. I'm surprised it hasn't gained more attention than it has.

I've heard that before, I put a hold on it at the library (where it seems to be popular, I've been waiting for a long time).

I have bought many great books this year and I have a lot more that I've not gotten to yet.

Out by Natsuo Kirino. One of the best books I've read. I originally borrowed it from the library, then picked up a copy off Ebay.

Nightlife by Rob Thurman. Just finished reading it, and I absolutely loved it!!

ValkyrieRaven88, that book sounds interesting, I'm gonna look it up!

pink shadow said:
Nightlife by Rob Thurman. Just finished reading it, and I absolutely loved it!!

ValkyrieRaven88, that book sounds interesting, I'm gonna look it up!
You should! It's totally awesome! ^-^ If you like Phantom of the Opera (the book or the musical or both), you'll love Phantom. It gets into a lot more detail about Erik's past and describes his deformity in detail...it's a very disturbing book, but it's worth the read. I had completely consumed it the day after I got it. My poor bookmark never quite recovered from the shock, XD.

Either The Way the Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald or The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami.

Both of these books are long and generous. They are long enough that I couldn't finish them in a single sitting, which drove me nuts because I was so involved with them. But, they were not long enough that I wasn't so very sad when I finished them because I had no more good book to keep me busy.

"Beneath the Wheel" by Hermann Hesse. Incredible book by an interesting author. Beneath the Wheel is semi-biographical.

"Remembering Garrett", Senator Gordon H. Smith. Story about his son's struggles with depression which ultimately led to suicide. Sad but stirring.

I bought 'Brother fish' - Bryce Courtenay, for my girlfriend a week or so ago. She said it was a really awesome read. I will have to check it out too I guess...

Hamlet. I'm reading it now for the first time and so far its living up to the hype.

I am hoping it is "Rebels of Ireland", the second book in the Dublin Saga. I recently bought the book and will start reading it today. I really enjoyed the first book, "Princes of Ireland".

Back