• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Late-night, double feature picture show

Irene Wilde

One of my fantasies has always been (No, Mr. Oblivion, this isn't the one with the olive oil) to own a movie theater -- a little, stand alone, single-screen theater -- where I could put together my own double bills. For instance:

Dirty Rotten Scroundels and The Dirty Dozen

or

Das Boot and The Yellow Submarine

or

My Big Fat Greek Wedding and So I Married an Ax Murderer

or

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House and The Amityville Horror

Any movie pairings anyone else has always wanted to see?

Irene Wilde

Babette's Feast and Eating Raoul??

Old Man and the Sea and Jaws, with commentary "What Not To Do" by Capt. Ahab

The Grateful Dead Movie and High Society, with Da Binga and the immortal Louis Armstrong

Irene Wilde said:
One of my fantasies has always been (No, Mr. Oblivion, this isn't the one with the olive oil)
Irene Wilde

There's a shop near me that sells lemon flavoured olive oil. Delicious on salads and probably perfect for a fetish.

Billy Oblivion said:
There's a shop near me that sells lemon flavoured olive oil. Delicious on salads and probably perfect for a fetish.

Not a fetish, just more of an....experiment! :)

Lemon-flavored, you say? :)

Irene Wilde

Irene Wilde said:
Not a fetish, just more of an....experiment! :)

Lemon-flavored, you say? :)

Irene Wilde

I guess the chilli olive oil may be a bit too spicy and I'm far too much of a gentleman to say what the mushroom olive oil smells of but the lemon, I think, would suit just fine. And it's delicious on a Greek salad.

bobbyburns said:
do you think your husband would mind if I came over?

1) I'm a man.
2) I like girls.
3) As a result of '2', I don't have a husband.
4) What is it that you want to come over?
5) Same as '4', but with this bit too.
6) You're welcome.

That's because I do tend to quote Rocky Horror in everyday life, sometimes without even realizing it, sometimes outloud without meaning to. :)

Irene Wilde

Oberon said:
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you were quoting Rocky Horror ... :rolleyes:

It was quoting Rocky Horror. But sometimes things change (the centre, apparently, cannot, always, hold). Especially on this MB. We're all creatrive people you know.

This looked good enough to bump. (Looks to me as if there was only one survivor of the last go round, so y'all may wish to post with care ...)

Back