• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Late Night Reading

I've had many late nights with books, what ones I can't even begin to list. I think 6 is probably the latest that I have stayed up although I could be mistaken.

I think 6 is probably the latest that I have stayed up although I could be mistaken.
Wow...6 in the morning? :eek:
I think the latest I've stayed up is about 2:30. After awhile I get so tired I just can't focus and I find myself reading the same paragraph over and ovet yet not absorbing any of it. That's when I find it's time to put the book down.
I think both Terry Goodkind and George R.R. Martin kept me up quite a few nights.

hmm...4:30 i just got a new book and i finished it that night lol i usually stay up late reading anyways but that was the latest! :p

I can't really respond, because I have a horribly random sleeping schedule, and sometimes stay up until 8 AM regardless, but I usually have a book in my hand on those long nights. The last one I felt compelled to stay up just to read was My Cousin Rachel, by Daphne du Maurier.

Probably Blade of Tyshalle. I've had a lot of trouble reading at night, lately. I nod off too quickly, no matter how riveting it is.

The latest I stayed up was around maybe 11:00 - noon because I wanted to finish that book then and there and wouldn't take sleep for an answer, the book I think might have been bullfinch's mythology.

there have been many times ive headed off to work the next morning without sleep because of my reading, and its really not too fun because theres no one to converse about it at work, like there is if youve seen a good movie or concert the night before heading into work. years back when i was reading the gunslinger books i didnt sleep much for about a week and a half

I stayed up till 5 in the morning to finish weathercock by Glen Duncan. It was quite a good book, but it was a bit long and i just wanted to finish it really. Pretty good though, the Sun was up and the birds were singing :)

I love staying up late to read. I did it a lot in college when I was working on the Wheel of Time series. But I value my sleep too much now to stay up late reading these days. A couple of months ago I was up til 4:30am one Friday night reading Dragonworld by Byron Preiss.

Well, I got Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at midnight and literally didn't put it down until I finished it. More because I've been following the series and I wanted to see what happens than because it's that gripping.

Luna kept me up until around 1am.

The Evening News kept me up until around 1am also, because I was getting near the end at the time and I wanted to finish it.

But, it's rare for a book to do that - and it's probably a coincidence more than anything, because none of those books are my favorites, really. I'm able to put just about anything down, knowing I can pick it up again in the morning.

I once came home from a bar at like 3:30, and insisted on finished a chapter of my book. Took me a while because I was exausted...but I did it! hehe
Lani

I work third shift now so this isn't really a fair question for me. I've gotten into the habit of getting home and reading from about 4-6am.

I have completed a great deal of reading due to my refusal to sleep. It's so nice to have uninterrupted reading time without someone wanting me to do something. I need to return to my old hours when I would read until the sun came up and then sleep the better part of the day away!

I had a bout of insomnia last night, so I got up and took my crochet and my current book, The Lady in White by Wilkie Collins, out to the living room so I would not disturb my sleeping hubby. I worked a bit on my project, then read til about midnight.

Back