• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Adaptation

I hopped over to the link and saw one of the funniest post ever written posted by one of the forum members on Hamilton:
"Her first books were good. The last one was one of the worst books I've ever read, and I actually think I became stupider upon finishing it."

ds

I'd be interested in checking the comics out. However I can only hope that if comics based on the later novels are published that they stray heavily from the source material.

I heard that Hamilton is also planning on writing a script based on the first Blake novel. Jason Alexander ("Seinfeld") is producing the movie...

I'll definitely read the first comic books...until they get up to Blue Moon, when the whole series turns rotten. As for a movie, I'd be happy to see it...although I think it would be hard to get all of them done in a movie. A miniseries would be easier, or maybe she could put three books in one movie or something.
I mourn the loss of Anita Blake deeply, and it wounds me that the series has taken such a nasty turn. I hope the comic books inspire me again, but I think we're going to see a whole new wave of disappointed readers eventually.

I wouldn't mind seeing a TV show based on the books. In order to do the books justice, it'd have to air on HBO or Showtime.

As for the books, she put out a new one: Micah. Anita finds out more information about Micah while taking a job in Philadelphia. I didn't really mind Micah all that much, and the books are addicting if nothing else, so that could be one for the TBR pile.

direstraits said:
I hopped over to the link and saw one of the funniest post ever written posted by one of the forum members on Hamilton:
"Her first books were good. The last one was one of the worst books I've ever read, and I actually think I became stupider upon finishing it."

ds

Thank you for quoting that! I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Stupider <----Makes me laugh everytime!!! HAHAHAHA

You have no idea. I think I'll use that in my presentations when silly customers ask silly questions.

"What question is that? I think I became stupider hearing it."

ds

Re:

direstraits my friend, I see that you are currently reading Gardens of the Moon, what do you think of it so far?

The_Khan said:
direstraits my friend, I see that you are currently reading Gardens of the Moon, what do you think of it so far?
Well, we're currently discussing the book right now in another thread. Click here to see what others and myself think of the book.

Have you read it yourself?

[Sudden realization!] Aaah, Khan... could it be what I think it is? If it is, then I'll be interested, surely.

ds

Re:

direstraits my friend, thanks for the link to the thread, I just read it :)

Yes, I have read it.

Perfect, I think you will enjoy it very much ;)

Re:

Here is the Jean-Claude cover, it is subject to change before it hit the shelves, enjoy

jc.jpg

Re:

Here is when Anita faces the Wererat and his army of rats, this cover is subject to change before it hits the shelves, enjoy :)

GP2CvrRatsRGB%20(Colors).JPG

*drools over Jean-Claude*

Mm...must have...Jean-Claude...must...no! Must resist! Evil fictional vampires sucking blood and probably not interested anyway and most likely does not exist and four hundred years old...

*slump* ...I'm okay now, I promise. Dang, he's hot. I'll definitely be checking those out, even if I am disappointed by the way the plot turned out.

I checked out some of the drawings for the characters on some website I seem to have lost track of. Nearly everyone looked exactly how I pictured them. It must just be how descriptive she is.

Re:

ValkyrieRaven88 my friend, Laurell K. Hamilton is heavily involved in the adaptation so we are making sure we do it according to her vision. I'm not sure if you are going to Chicago Convention this weekend. But if you are you will get to see a colored picture of Nikolaos ;)

Back