• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Leapfrog electronic books

SFG75

Anyone see one of these? They have a computer chip in the back of a book and the chip reads a word when the child moves the pen/cursor over a given word. My nephew and niece(5 & 7 respectively) absolutely love these books and they actually (gasp!) ask to read one with me instead of asking if I'll play the X-box with them. :eek: The wife and I have purchased a few of these for our older boy this coming christmas. Anyone use these with their kids, relative's children, or know of them first hand?

Leapfrog does have an impressive website as well.

My son (7) has one he got at christmas a few years back. He still really likes it, I was going to give it away since he's reading on his own now but he begged to keep it for awhile longer. They have a pretty nice variety of stories.

We bought the reading and writing one for our daughter for her 4th birthday!!

She loves them!! She has about 7 books now, relatives bought her some for her birthday too!! I love them! There is even one with flags and a map of the world where you need to match the flag to the correct country!! My daughter is actually better at this than any of us!!

I would recommend anyone to get them for their kids, age 4 upwards!!

Back