• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Least favorite fantasy book

harrypotterrox

What is your least favorite fantasy book?

mine was The Hobbit. I really dont know why. But it bored me to death. I remember sitting there , and it taking me like 10 min to read the first page... ok mabey not ten, but it was soooooo boring - in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of Tolkien either. I barely managed to get through Fellowship of the Ring and couldn't even finish The Two Towers. I've had similar luck with Trudi Canavan's writing. Her writing is simpler than Tolkien's, but it's just as dull.

I'm not a fan of Tolkien either. I barely managed to get through Fellowship of the Ring and couldn't even finish The Two Towers. I've had similar luck with Trudi Canavan's writing. Her writing is simpler than Tolkien's, but it's just as dull.

GRRRRR!! HOW DARE YOU!

trudi canavan is one of the best authors there are! how dare you slander her like that!

my least favorate was 'the princess and curdie' by geroge macdonald,it was the worst,most boring s***h**p of a book ive ever read,i reckon the author could do with a good *u**

GRRRRR!! HOW DARE YOU!

trudi canavan is one of the best authors there are! how dare you slander her like that!

Not slander; just my opinion of her writing. To shock you even further I'm also not a fan of JK Rowling.

Banewreaker: Volume I of The Sundering and Godslayer: Volume II of The Sundering by Jacqueline Carey. which is a shame because I loved the Kushiel series. I picked these up and put them down 5-6 times before I finally crept thru them painfully. Not sure what she did but she sure didn't do it well in these 2 disasters.

Usually if I don't get into a book, I just stop reading it. I don't know that I could list a "least favorite" because I just don't finish them.

I've tried reading the Pern series twice, and L.E. Modesett's books twice, just off the top of my head and I can't get into them.

Pern's books just don't raise my interest quick enough and Modesett's just don't plain make sense to me. His writing style is a bit off.

But then again, I used to hate the Gunslinger and I picked that one up again recently, and I find myself reading the whole series and looking for other books King used to reference the Dark Tower (It).

There are also some authors who I enjoyed some of their stuff, but then I moved on when they did other things.

Terry Brooks is a good example. I loved his early Shannara books and his Landover books, but his Word and Void series was nothing I was interested in (probably because of the modern time setting) and his later Shannara books after Antrax didn't really appeal to me. I think part of it is the way he started adding airships and things like that (anything to do with boats, or flying usually doesn't catch my interest) and partly because the series didn't go the way I felt it should in regards to Walker Boh. I've never been a fan of song music either. (The wishsong) it just sounds silly.

Raymond E. Feist is another one. I loved his Sethanon related stories, and read his stuff beyond that up until he got to like the 3rd generation of his characters and then I just couldn't keep interest anymore. He'd killed off all the characters I enjoyed originally and his new one wasn't good enough.

Mathius

The Wheel of Time series.

I got through about four books and just couldn't take anymore of Rand's whining and the Aes Sedais' arrogance. No, thanks!

Hey Mulluance,under ur nae it says you are reading the novice,do you mean the novice in trudi canavans black magician trilogy?the second one

same here,it takes me about 3 hours of solid reading reading to go through about 400 pages,altho sometimes i dont get that much reading done,sometimes im reading slowly,ect ect,so it useally takes 3 days to finsih any given book

i finished belgarath the sorceror in about 3 days,and thats one of the longest books ive ever read,most authors are too lazy to get up to 800 pages ^^

Back