• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Library Books

somewhat

kickbox
I have real problems about borrowing books from the library, because there are always small stains on the pages, and you never know what it is. Some of the stains look like boogies, and some of them are brown, and then I really don't want to think about what freak who have had it before me.

Someone could even have had sex on it.

Am I the only one with there problems?

It's really disturbing actually, so I have to buy all the books I'm reading. Boogie and poop stains isn't really my thing.

Actually it doesn't bother me that much, but sometimes I have to force my imagination into her boundaries to keep me from thinking of the possible origin of these stains. What I find particulary disgusting are hairs or crumbs in the books, or dead insects! :eek:
Some years ago I borrowed a book to a schoolfellow and when I got it back it looked like it had been dropt into the water and dried again. She apologized and explained to me, that she read it in the tub and dropt it. I told her it would not matter, and threw it away some days after the incident. Of course it did matter! My precious little book had been drowned into her dirty bathing water that's not as bad as having sex on it, but not far away. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would have had serious issues with that too. I don't usually lend people my books, because THEY ARE MIINE. I only lend it to my best friend, since I know she treasures my books like it would have been her baby.

I don't like dirty books. I once got one that was smeared, on the inside, with chocolate.*

I have been banned from all the libraries in Glasgow as I have failed to return my books. They were due back in August 2001 and still are. :rolleyes:

*It had no smell to convince me of anything else.

Ew, what if it was poop? :mad:

Anyway, I'm no good at delivering my books in time either. (When I still were using the library that is.)

Abulafia said:
I have been banned from all the libraries in Glasgow as I have failed to return my books. They were due back in August 2001 and still are. :rolleyes:
Bad Abulafia! Bad!

I don't usually have a problem with library books, but the insects and hairs do give me the creeps. Especially because you start turning the page as you're still reading it, thus not looking at what exactly is that strange texture under your finger and sdwh miu ifvk!*

* Yuck.

I don't really think about it all that much since most of the books I read come from the library. I simple can't afford to buy all I read. If you think about it, there are lots of things you touch everyday that you don't really know where it's been and what exactly is on it. The safe thing to do is wash your hands before you eat and keep your fingers out of your nose, mouth, and eyes. The whole world is covered in little germies, some of them good for you, some of them bad for you. Get over it. :eek:

cajunmama said:
...and keep your fingers out of your nose, mouth, and eyes.
I can't do that! :D :D :D

I think the smell of old books (who have probably been stored in a damp place for a whole century) is so disgusting! :eek:

lies said:
Oh no, I couldn't have! You have to share these kinds of thing.

No, you don't. :eek:

cajunmama said:
I don't really think about it all that much since most of the books I read come from the library. I simple can't afford to buy all I read. If you think about it, there are lots of things you touch everyday that you don't really know where it's been and what exactly is on it. The safe thing to do is wash your hands before you eat and keep your fingers out of your nose, mouth, and eyes. The whole world is covered in little germies, some of them good for you, some of them bad for you. Get over it. :eek:

I just can't get myself to get over it, it just freaks me too much out. I'll just have to keep on buying my books. Everytime my parents think that I'm sneaking out at night, or parties all weekend or similar things, I just show them my book case, and ask them if it looks like if I have the money, or the time. I'm their little freak child who isolates herself in her room all day, but they wont realize it. They just keep on accusing me for being a rebel :p

Wow! :eek: People must be a lot easier on library books around here. Never had any of those things happen to a library book! We have books 20-50 years old with nary a stain, and they get used a lot! I guess I should be thankful!!

Cathy
Penguins always treat others' books with respect!

somewhat said:
I'm their little freak child who isolates herself in her room all day, but they wont realize it. They just keep on accusing me for being a rebel :p
Believe me they never get used to it. They think you should play outside (because of the fresh air) and have millions of friends (because of social skills) and be as much a rebel as possible (because somebody told them, that's the way it goes with kids in puberty). The try to consider it (=your book fetish) as a phase you will overcome. :cool:
If you have "normal" ( :D :D :D ) siblings, consider yourself as saved.

Freya said:
Sex? On a book? I must have missed that issue of More...
You could crack all their spines, spread them out on the floor and make a luuuurve carpet out of them.

Freya said:
Sex? On a book? I must have missed that issue of More...
Just imagine lying in bed with a nice book in your hands. Then a very handsome, sexy and willing young man enters the scene.
Do you really have the time to put a bookmark between the pages and carefully put it on your bed side tabel??? Or do you just surrender to wild love making while the book stays entangled in the sheets by your side?
:D :D :D

Freya said:
Aaaah you crazy Europeans ;)
If you're from England and you call other Europeans "you Europeans", does that make you a... separatist?

And there I was, collecting magnets for Pangaea's sake... :(

Gizmo said:
Believe me they never get used to it. They think you should play outside (because of the fresh air) and have millions of friends (because of social skills) and be as much a rebel as possible (because somebody told them, that's the way it goes with kids in puberty). The try to consider it (=your book fetish) as a phase you will overcome. :cool:
If you have "normal" ( :D :D :D ) siblings, consider yourself as saved.

I have one brother and he is definitely not normal. He's been a bookgeek since way before me, because he was born before me. But he doesnt live at home because he is nineteen and attends this spacetech college somewhere far away. He's way more worse than me.

And sex on books. Yea baby.

Lies - I do always tend to refer to people on the continent as 'Europeans' and to be honest I don't really think of myself as European... but that's not a discussion for here ;) Some meanie will accuse me of going off-topic :D

Gizmo - ... now it's all clear!

Back