• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Library

Ours is a small town library, and the books haven't been misused, just well loved and read.

I know exactly what you mean. My community has roughly 1,300 people and the library is in a renovated doctor's office. The books are well worn and it's interesting to read the old library cards to see who had the book before you. I do enjoy seeing libraries that are still in their old Carnegie funded buildings. A lot of communities have demolished their buildings,:confused: but a few still use them, which I think is great.

Morosetoast,

I agree that writing in books is against the grain. I also like to keep the books I like.

And, libraries are not what they used to be. Here in my locale, they have internet stations and people are tapping away and giggling and webcamming etc.

Just as I don't like my bars to be theme parks; I don't like my library to be a daycare center (for children or adults).

Thus, I've been constructing a new wing on the house here, one block at a time as funds permit. Ultimately, it will be a library with a bar, for the serious patrons of both only.

Back