• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Life is a dream

Hay82,

If you'd like to take responcibility for all this be my guest.

I would like to register a few complaints if you'd care to listen, but first I'd like to know if this is actually a dream or a nightmare?

honeydevil said:
what the heck are you talking about?? i mean in a dream you fall down in a big black hole and nothing hurts, but here you put your fingers to the burned chicken and it becomes red and gets blisters (and it hurts!!)
so i'm sure this is not a dream and even if it would be why should it be your or my thought, why not somebody elses and he/she made us all up??
think aobut it!! :D
Actually if all this is just my dream then I would have defined what pain is. You wouldn't know what pain is, only my version of it, perhaps there is no such thing as pain. I'll give you that it could be somebody elses dream, just like Ell said, I still haven't found a good way to argue with that.

Hay82 said:
Hay82,

If you'd like to take responcibility for all this be my guest.

I would like to register a few complaints if you'd care to listen, but first I'd like to know if this is actually a dream or a nightmare?
Of course I'll take responsibility, but it has no consequence since it is a dream.

I would think that it is a nightmare at times, 2 hours of listening to a professor talking about State Law has to be some sort of nightmare.

hay82 said:
Actually if all this is just my dream then I would have defined what pain is. You wouldn't know what pain is, only my version of it, perhaps there is no such thing as pain. .

Must be something in the air. We were just talking about ascertaining the experience of another creature's pain over on Moto's hot water thread.

novella said:
Must be something in the air. We were just talking about ascertaining the experience of another creature's pain over on Moto's hot water thread.
All part of my dream, things have a tendency to overlap. Pain is all in your mind, so it should be possible to chose to ignore it.

hay82 said:
All part of my dream, things have a tendency to overlap. Pain is all in your mind, so it should be possible to chose to ignore it.

But I'm not in your dream. I'm in the dream next door. I just got lost on the set and wandered onstage by accident.

novella said:
But I'm not in your dream. I'm in the dream next door. I just got lost on the set and wandered onstage by accident.
Oh.. Sorry then. Should have known, you know way to much to be in my dream. Not like all the other. :D

hay82 said:
Oh.. Sorry then. Should have known, you know way to much to be in my dream. Not like all the other. :D

I only know as much as the one who dreams me.

Did you ever think of the quandary of the author who wants to write a character who is supposed to be genius-smart?

Iris Murdoch wrote some characters like that, but she was supposed to be genius-smart herself.

Conan Doyle did a decent job with Sherlock, don't you think?

novella said:
I only know as much as the one who dreams me.

Did you ever think of the quandary of the author who wants to write a character who is supposed to be genius-smart?

Iris Murdoch wrote some characters like that, but she was supposed to be genius-smart herself.

Conan Doyle did a decent job with Sherlock, don't you think?
I have thought about it when I read Sherlock Holmes, and one does get the empression that Sherlock is reallyintelligent, but I think that sometimes his oberservations have different solutions than what he comes up with.
Being a super genius probably doesn't hurt when writing a character who is supposed to be a genius.

hay82 said:
I have come to the conclusion that life is a dream. You are all part of my dream, figments of my twisted imagination. Everything you say or do is really just something I make you do in my dream.
To die is just to start another dream, if there even is such a thing as dying or is it just something I have made up in my dream?
Love is just me making up a person with qualities of my own that I like.
Hate is displaying the part of myself that I dislike.

You are me.. Think about it. :rolleyes:

I'm glad someone mentioned this. I wanted to mention it but thought I may be crazy saying so :p

I too also feel life is a dream, everything we dream is an experience so we can wake up. Waking up is death I beleive.

honeydevil said:
what the heck are you talking about?? i mean in a dream you fall down in a big black hole and nothing hurts, but here you put your fingers to the burned chicken and it becomes red and gets blisters (and it hurts!!)

actually in my burnt chicken scenario we ate it and felt ill and bloated. but you will all be relieved to know that tonight we had curry and rice and it was gorgeous. :D

jenngorham said:
actually in my burnt chicken scenario we ate it and felt ill and bloated. but you will all be relieved to know that tonight we had curry and rice and it was gorgeous. :D
The arse will feel the illness and bloatedness with that currey you had! :eek: Or is that too much information? :eek:

RainbowGurl said:
The arse will feel the illness and bloatedness with that currey you had! :eek: Or is that too much information? :eek:

i choked on my pre bed cornflakes reading that. :D it's too true. the price you gotta pay for the tastier things in life. ;)

Back