• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Like a Rock!

Chew,
Well, maybe yes, maybe not -- if one thinks of the old, old, slow, slow kind of computer I am sitting at right now. :)
I hate to get rid of things.
Peder

why not upgrade? if you have the money, a few hundred will do for the upgrade, better than buying a new one which will end up costing a few thousands. If you hate to get rid, you may prefer to sell to a second hand goods shop? just some suggestions.

the comp in my house which was bought in 5 years ago was already spoiled, which costed us $2000plus. And it was bought from our uncle. window 95, screen the most 800x600, colour 16bit.

now, the current one is working for us for less than a year, better than the last time, with window XP pro, screen resolution 1024x768, 32 bits color, it costs us $600 for CPU, keyboard, speakers, monitor. Big different?

(^_^)

Chew,
Much appreciate your eagerness to help!
And I hear the same thing from all my friends :)
No one can understand why I don't upgrade.
It just proves I'm an ol' stick in the mud!
As long as it does what I need, then it's fine for me. Doesn't need to be better.
But the day will come, when this one finally quits, so don't despair.:D
Peder

PS: I run a Toshiba laptop from about 1996 with Win98 SE and Office97, with 12 inch 800x600 sceen, 1.3 MB hard drive, 80 MB RAM, and 133 MHz processor. Please don't faint, and I hope it doesn't ruin your day, but I couldn't resist! :D
It drives my friends crazy! But it's still a very nice machne.
P

Back