• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Like a Rock!

Kookamoor said:
Hi Peder and welcome! How is your name pronounced? Is it like 'Peter' with a d, or is it pronounced Pe-der ryming (sort of) with 'better'.
More like Pay-der with an "a" and a "d" (and without the "y").
The "a" sound of "e".
From the Norsk. Vikings and all that.
Thanks for asking,
Peder

I like you already, Peder!

I think you will find an amusing, and at times enlightening, home here!

Welcome!

Peder said:
More like Pay-der with an "a" and a "d" (and without the "y").
The "a" sound of "e".
From the Norsk. Vikings and all that.
Thanks for asking,
Peder
Ah! Thanks for that - I thought it might be Scandinavian. When I looked at it I wasn't sure. To be frank, the way it is spelt is the way that I, with an Australian accent, pronounce 'Peter', but I was fairly certain that wasn't right! :D

Ricky,
Thanks for the welcome!
My fave vacations of all time were spent camping up on Cape Cod!
So I think you have the better of the deal :)
Peder

Hi Gem,
Thanks for the welcome.
Being late, no problem.
I'm married and used to it. :)
Peder

Hello chewli, if I may,
Thank you for the welcome.
But it looks like life is getting harder and harder,
It used to be the first one million that was the hardest.
I guess they found out! :(
Peder

Welcome to TBF, Peder :)
I'm glad that you found a foothold in here so quickly.. it can be pretty crazy for newbies ;)

MonkeyCatcher

MonkeyCatcher,
Thanks for noticing and thinking it's OK. Much appreciated.
My skin has been thickened up in other much wilder forums and this is really a pretty nice place, so I guess the combination works. (But the day will come I suppose, even here. :) )

Thanks,
Very glad to be here,
Peder

I'm enjoying your perspective on things Peder, whether it's a lightning fast thread or something else, you add that "little something else" to the discussion at hand. Once again, glad you're here. :)

A belated welcome, Peder!

I've thoroughly enjoyed your posts and see that you've fit right in here. Look forward to seeing and hearing more from you on TBF.

ell

Peder said:
Hello chewli, if I may,
Thank you for the welcome.
But it looks like life is getting harder and harder,
It used to be the first one million that was the hardest.
I guess they found out! :(
Peder

call me Chew will do.. think most people here know me by that.... :D

still getting halfway with that book, and a guy name Andy in the book is struggling in making a $300 computer. Is it possible?

to me, a few hundred bucks is already quite difficult since I'm working and studying at the same time... but aiming to earn more after I graduated. Counting down of 6 months to graduation...

Chew,
Yes I've known people to build their own computers for about that cost, and I've known people who would struggle doing it -- ME for one! :)
But that word 'graduation' in your post sounds wonderful!
Congratulations in advance!!
Very best wishes for your success,
Peder

Peder said:
Chew,
Yes I've known people to build their own computers for about that cost, and I've known people who would struggle doing it -- ME for one! :)
But that word 'graduation' in your post sounds wonderful!
Congratulations in advance!!
Very best wishes for your success,
Peder

you mean you build yourself a computer?
and now, when Andy was trying hard with the project of creating $300 computer, Hank, one of the Superior want him to stop due the company's reputation. The company is very well known to create Iron not plastic. Plastic means cheap stuff, while Iron means stuff that is expensive and very useful for huge companies.

the story is getting more and more interesting till I nearly missed my stop just now. :eek:

Thanks Pedar, again. :)

Chew,
No, I only meant I would struggle if I tried.
I once looked into a book (naturally!) describing how to build a computer, and after the first few pages decided it was not for me. A couple of my friends, though, do put together whizz-bang computers for themselves for about $500 total, so $300 is not out of the range for someone doing it themself as far as I can tell.
Peder

Back