• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Linwood Barclay

Misfit

He's absolutely AMAZING. Has anyone read any of his books?

If you haven't, I highly recommend "No Time For Goodbye"

:star5:

I just finished Fear the Worst. A car salesman's daughter disappears and he is looking for her in his spare time rather than sitting at home hoping the police will find her. He ends up entangled is something much bigger than a runaway teen. This is a good thriller, it's a page burner in fact. It even ruined my weekend afternoon nap. As good as the story was I have to point out two annoying flaws in the writing. The first is his use of dialog tags at the beginning of the sentences. The second is the "LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER" plot twist. Not to say the plot twists won't make you sit straight up in your chair, but he throws in a cliche of a twist that really isn't neccesary. However, the story is so good I give it a hearty reccomendation.

EDIT TO ADD: Would the moderators give some feedback here? This two year old thread seemed like the best place for my post. I dislike starting new threads. Would it have been better if I had started a new thread?

Yes, I love his books. I just finished reading his latest one called "The Accident". I highly recommend it. All of his novels are really good. You could pick up any of his books and enjoy it. He has another thriller coming out in February, 2013 called "Never Saw it Coming". This is the sypnosis to it:

Keisha Ceylon is a psychic. At least, that's what she tells people. She watches the news for stories of missing people, then waits a few days and goes to see the family. She tells them she's had a vision and that she may know where their missing loved one is - for a price, of course.

Keisha's latest mark is Wendell Garfield, whose wife disappeared a week ago. She's seen him on TV, pleading for his wife to come home, or for whoever took her to let her go. Keisha tells Wendell her vision of what might have happened. Unluckily for Keisha, her vision turns out to be alarmingly close to the truth. As she wades deeper into the mystery, Keisha inadvertently finds herself caught in a web of suspicion and violence that's much more complicated than she first thought - and which may end up with her own disappearance...

Back