• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Living with Anxiety / Low Self Esteem Stories

Bobby73

I am after books about people living with anxiety / low self esteem.
I dont want self help books, but stories of people and their lives and how they cope living with such issues.

"It's Kind of a Funny Story" - I haven't read the book but I watched the movie and the book is probably a lot better. It's about a boy who attempts suicide and then wants to be checked into a mental health hospital. He meets various characters and falls in love with one of the other patients.

I dont want self help books, but stories of people and their lives and how they cope living with such issues.

Well, there is a self-help book with stories of people and how they coped with anxiety in their lives, but since you are not interested in self-help I won't mention Dale Carnegie's How to Stop Worrying and Start Living.

All the best,
Peder

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but I'd like to suggest Please Stop Laughing At Me by Jodee Blanco. It's one of my favorite books. It's about Jodee's experience with school bullies, among other problems. It's not a very long book, but it's definitely one I would have a teen read if they were having problems with self-esteem.

I'm sure I'll think of others I've read, but that's the only one on mind so far.

Bobby, there's a new novel about anxiety called "The Grace of Crows." It's about how a woman with ongoing anxiety can't find any answers until she runs into her childhood friend who has become homeless. In one of the blurbs, a therapist even says that it "provides a healing opportunity to the reader."

Back