• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

London Book Fair

Anybody here going to the London Book Fair 16th-18th April 2007 in ..... emmm .... London ??? :confused:

I'll be there ... so if you are going ... please say H E L L O !!!!!!!

;)

I wish

I wish I could, I love both books and London, but I can't go to London in April.
Go and tell us about it.Buy and recommend books from there.:)

I think the London Book Fair should do a road show and go to far flung places...like Wichita Kansas! We could use a little culture.

Pah! London! Thats too far away! Instead I'm going to go to the Wigtown Book Fair up here in Scotland because it has Iain Banks this year! :D

I think the London Book Fair should do a road show and go to far flung places...like Wichita Kansas! We could use a little culture.

That sounds like a good idea ... but Dr Blockbuster may appear in Kansas sooooooooon to see NWGRC ... do you know what that stands for ???

:p

Pah! London! Thats too far away! Instead I'm going to go to the Wigtown Book Fair up here in Scotland because it has Iain Banks this year! :D

Ahhh you tartan skirt .. sono Tartan kilt man

aimg144.imageshack.us_img144_5466_ancientfarquharson225ba8.jpg

I would love to go to Wigtown... but Dr Blockbuster has to make a big splash at London this first time

Yesch, yesch ...:cool:

Ah .. sorry .... one is the same as the next to me .... AT THE MOMENT !!! :rolleyes:

:)

That's ok, you can be driving in Lenexa Ks, and enter Kansas City Ks, without being aware of it and the next thing you know, you've crossed the state line and are in Kansas City Kansas:rolleyes:

As much as I'd love to go to london, I'm stuck with the Ann Arbor book festival, but we have lots of authors coming so it should be interesting. Fortunately we live in a town which contains the University of Michigan, therefore we have some 'culture'.

Dr Blockbuster apologizes for his absence but he was at the London Book Fair last week selling foreign rights, wearing the kilt (Ancient Farquharson), and drinking champagne for breakfast !!! :)

I must report that this was the first London Book Fair I attended, and far from being a stuffy show, it was vibrant and great for business!!! Whilst all the big gun publishers were there, I was pleased to see so many foreign visitors, and some of the forums..eg on China, were excellent.

The Earls Court venue was superb and the show was that good I could have gone 5 days .. but it only lasted 3. :p

Mmmm ... shall I go to BookExpo, Gothenburg, Frankfurt ???:cool:

thats depressing

I really want to go to a book fair not held by a library to meet more "book people" and the sort theres only a few here. :(

Back