• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a book about demons and evil

There are hundreds out there, but I am going to pick, arbitrarily, just a couple...Stephen King's Desperation is such a book. It's quite long though, and not the strongest of his novels, by any means. I'd personally recommend Clive Barker's The Hellbound Heart. It's the novella after which the film Hellraiser was based. Short, sweet, and awesome evil, scary-sauce. There are quite few books by Graham Masterton that deal with demon-flavoured subject matter, but be warned that some of his stuff can be quite fierce.

Thought of another one, lol.....it's one that I thought was pretty good.

It's titled 'Mister B. Gone' by Clive Barker. Basically, the story is the diary of a demon who is trapped inside the book and is begging you throughout the narration to burn the book so he can be set free....he threatens you if you don't, etc. I'll add another link to this one too....

Mister B. Gone: Clive Barker: 9780061562495: Amazon.com: Books

I just read Reapers by A.J. Sloan, it's the first of a new series. The second book comes out some time in May, I think, but I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for the next book. I'd recommend it for anyone who likes the demon thing plus a little nongraphic romance.

In relation to this thread I recently finished a book by British author Sarah Pinborough, titled Mayhem, which is set in circa late-1880s London around the time of the Ripper killings.

It's a supernatural crime-horror/mystery and I found a particularly strong historical-horror novel. Very interesting premise (and in keeping with the theme requirements of this thread), is well executed, and I definitely recommend it.

Back