• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for Russian history book

Bishop_User

The assignment is to do a critical book review on a non-fiction book about something in russian history. Anything from the time period of ivan the terrible up until before the communist revolution. Could be a biography, a book about russian foreign affairs, general history, anything.

I don't really know where to start looking so I figured someone here might have read something interesting and could pass along a suggestion.

You might want to try John Reed's Ten Days That Shook the World. Technically, it is about the revolution, but I imagine it is good. I read his book Insurgent Mexico and found it quite good.

Stewart said:
There's also A Cultural History of Russia by Orlando Figes.

It's a brilliant book but it covers the communist period too, so bishop would have to skip the last part for his review.
What about the memoirs of empress catherine the great? She was a really interesting character.

Back