• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

looking for something new

graeme.dyas

ok just like to know if anyone can think of a book i would like
lol ok i will give u some cules
books i like
harry potter
his dark materails
lord of the rings
red dwarf
steven king

books i dont like
muder mistoryes
love storeys

so i am looking for a good book most likele a fanstaty book what takes u somewhere

ps about the spelling im dyslexic

thanks

i have looked up your books on the internet and like the sound of them. thank you not insulting my tasted as it is very limited,
i find i dont like books that refer to real life as that is what i am trying to get away form when reading
:)

Then, if you enjoy Abarat try more of Clive Barker's fiction. Imajica is his epic fantasy.

For starters, how about:

Raymond Feist - start off with the original series - Magician, Silverthorn, Darkness at Sethanon for background before going onto other series.
Garth Nix - Sabriel, Lirael and Aber??
Louise Cooper - the Timemaster trilogy
Julian May - the Saga of the Exiles (very broad in scope and with a bit of sci-fi blended into it)

These all fit your requirements IMHO. Enjoy.

Kev

If you've not read...

Lloyd Alexander's Book of Three - High King books... You've missed some classics...

Reading Material

SHIP WHO SANG.....Anne McCaffrey......Futuristis.....babies with exceptional abilities severely deformed are the brains of space ships and they live forever.....it is a story of relationships developed with the captains of the space ships.....of course they age and change to new captains....but each relationship is different

THE FORGOTTEN BEASTS OF ELD......McPhillips (Spelling).....A child has special psychic powers handed down and the world as it is in danger. By her mind she calls the forgotten beasts to accompany and assist her on her journey to help fight evil. Each beast has special abilities.

WEREWOLF PRINCIPAL.......Simak,,,,,Astronaut sent into space by "goberment" to gather information about out planets and their inhabitants (very different from humans). The Astronaut is to change to the shape and form of each creature so that information can be gathered on the sly. After the astronaut leaves the planet his body is supposed to return to normal with the space creatures form and shape leave never to return to the man.
The government doesn't intend for him to return after the gathering is complete......he does.

LOGAN'S RUN.....don't remember author....movie was made of it years ago.....Survivers of the last war live in domed cities but can only live to the age of 30 and they must go for renewal which IS NOT renewal. There are policemen who chase the over 30 runners. At birth each person has a chip installed in it's hand. The chip changes colors at each stage of life. A black chip means death. There is a secretive place named "sanctuary" that black chippers seek in order to live. The bood was better than the movie although it was the movie which sent me looking for the book.

A TABLE IN THE PRESENCE.....Terry Cash......nonfiction.....I liked it so well I bought several and sent to friends. First hand knowledge of strange things happening in Iraq.

WATCHERS......Dean Koontz....Goverment is messing with human clones in private lab. Lab catches on fire....two clones escape......one is a monster and killer......the other a loving intelligent golden retriever. Interesting characters and spell binding action.

LIGHTENING......Dean Koontz......Man returns from future to save the life of a baby who would have died due to a drunken OB on call at a hospital when the mother comes to have the child. The man returns during different stages of the girls life when she faces danger. The coming of the "savior" of the girl is noted by lightening appearing.....fierce lightening.

Watchers

Some hollywood idiot tried to make a movie of WATCHERS and it was unbelievable what he did to the movie in changing the plot, the characters and the message....had I been Koontz, I would have cloned a monster to "eatum" up that producer.

The golden retriever was cloned to be a spy and has the ability to do and think as any truly intelligent human with a high IQ....except to be able to speak. He is a verrrrrry perceptive animal and such fun and excitment....try it. I would love to have your review.

Christmas1225 said:
WEREWOLF PRINCIPAL.......Simak,,,,,Astronaut sent ...

Hmm. Sounds interesting - Simak's always been someone I've meant to read. Maybe now's the time...

Christmas1225 said:
LOGAN'S RUN.....don't remember author....

Logan's Run was written by George Clayton Johnson and William F. Nolan. There were also two follow up novels - "Logan's World" and "Logan's Search" which seem to be quite hard to get a hold of (especially Search)

Kev

The Complete Robot by Issac Azimov (a collection of all his robot stories)

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime by Mark Haddon

I've never been sure about the Robot books.

I've not read them all, though I've read quite a lot of them, but I find them just a bit too "po-faced" for my liking. Anyone else find that about them?

All except the novel(s) whose names escape me about two detectives who solve crimes committed by robots. Not too "murder mystery" though Graeme - worth a read.

OOPS. Just realised I've followed on from the wrong message - this is in reply to Marge's "The Complete Robot..." posting.

Kev

graeme.dyas said:
books i like
harry potter
his dark materails
lord of the rings
red dwarf
steven king

so i am looking for a good book most likele a fanstaty book what takes u somewhere

I would suggest:

Anything by Eoin Colfer
Mary Hoffman's Stravaganza City of Masks and Stravaganza City of Stars (first two of a trilogy for "young adults" set in an alternate world)
N M Browne's Warriors of Alavna and Warriors of Camlann (two teenagers travel back to the time of Roman invasion, each have a special skill)
Julie Bertagna's Exodus (a girl's fight for survival in the future after global warming has caused world-wide flooding).

All these are really good! :)

Back