• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

looking for suggestions........

Sofia

I am at a loss as to what to read next......I want something, but no idea what. I have a huge list of books to be read, but none of them sound appealing today. Anyway, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I want something that really will hold my interst from the beginning! Just no romance...ugh thanks guys!

if on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino. This will grab, and hold, your interest.

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. It had no flat spots and held my interest from beginning to end.

I was just gripped by The English Passengers by Matthew Kneale. It's sad that this book isn't too well known. I adored it from start to finish, by the end I felt like I'd been on an amazing journey back in time and to Tazmania and back. I thought about it for a very long time afterwards. :)

I find John Irving impossible to put down. Try one of these two classics: A Prayer for Owen Meany or The World According to Garp. Don't settle for the movie in either case!!

Amy Tan's "The Joy Luck Club" - if you haven't read it, it's a sure bet. Easy reading and a story you can't put down. If this book doesn't make you laugh and cry, you have no heart.

April fool

April fool by Bryce Courtenay is a truley amazing book its non fiction and very moving,ive never read anything like it before Bryce is so good at pulling you in that i would recommend any of his books but this is the best.

Its about the life and death of his son,who died of aids contracted through a blood transfusion in hospital.

I dont wanna give too much away but its the most wonderful and sad thing i ever did read.

hope you read it.

ingelosi.

Back