• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for violence!

CattiGuen

I'm blood thirsty and I need a good gorey novel to sate me...or else I will take my aggression on an innocent person.....raaaghh!!

ok just joking. but seriously, i need the most violent gruesome nasty (yet good) book you can suggest.

Mind you, I have read American Psycho.

Please, I am in dire need....:p

Check out the thread about The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum. I just finished his first book - Off Season. If that one isn't gory and violent enough for you, you need to check yourself into the nearest maximum security institution for the criminally insane, PRONTO. And The Girl Next Door is supposed to be worse (or better, depending on your perspective).
I also read American Psycho, and that was dullsville compared with Off Season - BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET THE UNEXPURGATED EDITITION!!!!

There's two I've heard mentioned a number of times.
"The Bighead" by Arthur Lee is supposed to be gruesome. Monster goring and raping a village, in explicit details.
and "Duet for the Devil" by T. Winter-Damon and Randy Chandler.
You can find excerpts from the former on amazon. The latter's supposed to be absolutely ridiculous, since he never relents. I couldn't find any excerpts for you though. I did find a foreword to Duet on the publisher's website, which discusses a lot of history of this sort of fiction etc, and will probably be an excellent source for you to look for ideas: http://www.necropublications.com/titles/duetpreface.htm

Shame you're not Norwegian, or I'd post the story I wrote in 8th grade* Norwegian, which apparently was discussed for months in the teacher's lounge as an example of how horrible today's youth are. They blamed video - despite me never having seen nor read anything like it in my life. At that point anyways, for some reason I was excited about that sort of thing a few years later and watched a lot of absolutely terrible movies, simply because they were full of tasteless gore.

Oh, so I had a twisted sense of humor, but dammit, more school stories need unapologetic splattergore.

For some reason I never bothered to explore books that go into that sort of thing, but I suppose video was simply more visceral for me at that time. Nowadays I have zero interest in that kinda thing, oddly enough. I'd hate to think it's because I've grown up, but there we are.

*Ok, not really a shame, it's pretty damn badly written, heh. But hey, it does include someone being strangled with his own intestines and a zombie snacking on brains and vomit.

As I have brought up often with no reply...

"Excuisite Corpse" by Poppy Z Brite. If you read it, let me know what you think. I was amazed that it was published due to the gore and mindless violence (even though I sanction it in moveis and books with proper warnings, of course).

The Bighead by Edward Lee
Family Tradition by Edward Lee
Portrait of the Psychopath as a Young Woman by Edward Lee and Elizabeth Steffen ~ if you liked American Psycho, you will love this one
The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum
Off Season by Jack Ketchum

Try Misery by Stephen King. Lots of good bloody violence in there - it's probably (arguably) the most gory novel he wrote.

I have to agree with Øystein about Necro Publications. Check out The Preserve by Patrick Lestewka, which is published by them. Great book.

Back