• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lost

*Slight spoilers if you watch the UK repeat on a Sunday*

I've continued watching series 1 of Lost on Channel 4. So far there has only been one boring episode for me (the one about Sawyer's past); the rest have ranged from interesting to brilliant. Last night's episode was the best one yet.

It centred on the character of Hurley. I already knew that he was a millionaire from inadvertently reading a spoiler (thanks SFX magazine), but to find out how he got his money and what happened after that was really interesting. I found the whole idea of the numbers being jinxed intriguing and spooky. The writer made you feel so sorry for Hurley and yet burst out laughing even though what was happening wasn't funny (the bit where Hurley takes his mum to see her new house, or the bit in the skyscraper office). I think I felt almost as relieved as Hurley when someone else finally acknowledged the jinx and didn't just dismiss it.

It was very interesting that it was the numbers that lured the French woman to the island in the first place, and that ending... Was that a piece of our heroes' plane or another, earlier one? I can't wait for the next episode!

I agree.

Although not suspicious about numbers, many are and the programme uses our innate feeling that we don't know everything (in Life and Lost!) to good effect.

I can't say I appreciate all the flashbacking as it breaks focus and continuity, although it is useful to find out some of the characters' backstory.

It makes me laugh though, how they all remain with perfect complexions with barely a scratch, bruise, rash or insect-bite showing. LOL

Geoff

Back