• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lotr Rotk

shanemckiness said:
What do you all think of the extra 50 minutes of ROTK ED?

-shane

Dunno, I don't think it comes out in the UK until November! But any extra film is fine by me! :) Oh yes, the Saruman bit will be back in - cool.

I'm waiting for the extended set of all three to come out before I buy any of them, and the wait is excruciating. Surely they'll have it out by Christmas, I haven't checked lately.

We have the extended versions of 1 and 2 and will get the extended version of 3 when it is released :)

shanemckiness said:
What do you all think of the extra 50 minutes of ROTK ED?

-shane

This sounds great :D I hope there is 50 mins of extra footage :D

But we still have to November to wait for it to be released :eek:

I can't wait for the 3-in-a-row Extended Edition marathon that we'll be having when they come out! Still no Scouring of the Shire though. :(

I'm waiting for the extended set of all three to come out before I buy any of them
Yep.

But 50 minutes sounds good, that makes it well over four hours long.

Cheers

Martin said:
It is.

Cheers
You're right again, Martin. I can't wait for it. Well, I can really - because I have to - but I wish I could fast forward to the big day when it is released to the mad public. I can't wait to see what goodies there are on the Bonus Disks. I wonder if the cast will break down in tears at the end of the commentary. I think the Cast Commentaries are the best by-the-way. To be honest, I've only listened to the cast one on The Two Towers, and the cast and directors one on The Fellowship of the Ring. What do you think? I should have listened to the Audio (Howard Shore) Commentary because I love music. I don't know why I haven't.

Themistocles said:
Still no Scouring of the Shire though. :(
From Yahoo!/E!Online: "Among the restored scenes: The scouring of the Shire, where we learn the fate of Saruman, the evil white wizard played by Christopher Lee, who was MIA from King after being deposed at the conclusion of The Two Towers; a subplot on the emerging romance between Faramir and Eowyn; Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen confronting the Mouth of Sauron) at the Black Gates; and a cameo by Jackson as a pirate who is felled by one of Legolas' stray arrows."

Sounds great! Unfortunately they cannot undo the way Denethor is treated ... Gandalf slugging him with his staff :( :rolleyes: ! I was wondering if they left out a preview on the "film version" to avoid that feeling of slapping the buyer for not waiting for the ED ....

As much as I love commentaries, those EDs are so long that unless I was sick abed, I can't imagine watching them vs just seeing the movie over again ...

December 14 is far too loong to wait!

Back