• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Louis de Bernières

saliotthomas

A British writer currently living in south America.
He is best known for captain corelli's mandolin and the movie made of it.
the latin american trilogie is very interresting "the war of don Emmanuel's nether parts" and "senor Vivo and the Coca lord" are very lively novels a bit in the Garcia Marquez style(better than Isabel Allende)
"Birds without Wings" was also a nice suprise ,some find it sad but i didn't.
All together he is a very discret and talented writer,on of the best in his generation
His book covers are awfull,and kept me from reading him for years.I was also suspicious of his name.So many stupid things delaied the discovery of the wonderfull guy§

I enjoyed the "nether parts" also and liked the satire and wierdness of the book. Others have said the sequels aren't as good. Are they?

If you like his writing,they are.Bird without wings is very different though,deeper,quite sad,but i enjoy it.
I like the modesty of this man,very simple writing,funny at time,human always.(i'm not good a this but sincerely love this autor).

Back