• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Love

Wix

kickbox
Hello there, I am new! I start my career at this forum with a question:

What is your favorite book about love? :eek:

I love to read about love when it is written about in an interesting way...not the boring and perfect hollywood-way. There has to be some substance in the story. I will be forever thankful for every good recommandation.

I love the way Elizabeth von Arnim wrote about love, especially in The Enchanted April.

My other favorite book about love is Beth Henley's play Impossible Marriage.

Wix said:
I love to read about love when it is written about in an interesting way...not the boring and perfect hollywood-way. There has to be some substance in the story. I will be forever thankful for every good recommandation.

Leo Buscaglia wrote a small book with that exact title: Love. It's out in paperback. :)

John Irving's The Cider House Rules comes to mind. I particularly like the platonic love between Homer and Dr Larch.

*The book of happiness * by Nina Berberova, you get every type of love there is there, love for parents, friends, husbands and lovers... try it, it's great.
And for a non-Hollywood scenario try Marguerite Yourcenar's *Coup de Grace*... it's really interesting.... it is really worth it!

I liked the way it is explained in the book 1984. You start to not care about your daily life routine, and see everything differently.

Back