• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

mahjonng spies

chiangmaifalcon

This is great spy novel by Christopher Hyde. It is very complex as it is about high finance and Chinese conspiracies, both subjects which in themselves are difficult to understand. However it is very clever plot and also has great action and I think a moral message. Only things I complain about are minor points. In one part Chinese traditional doctor prescribes herbs called longan, but nin fact I grow longan myself which here are called lamyai and they are fruit not herbs. Also one time the character takes the safety off the weapon, which is a revolver. As I said before on forum revolvers do not have safeties, except ceetain Smith and Wesson airweight which this is not. I notice many British authors make this mistake, probably since England has strict gun laws and so peopler do not know much about them. Still the writer can always check these things on internet. Still I highly recommend this to anyone who has interestys in China, Hong Kong, financial investigation and espionage.

Back