• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

math counts

K-Dawn

Today I went to a math competition with seven other students at my school and 96 other kids from Billings, Montana and surrounding areas (such as Laurel and Livingsten). There were two individual tests and one team test. The top four teams and the top two individuals go to state on March 7. I was on my school's team, but we placed fifth so we don't get to go to state. But for individuals, I placed in the top two so I get to go to state! :eek: It was amazing! ;)

K-Dawn said:
Today I went to a math competition with seven other students at my school and 96 other kids from Billings, Montana and surrounding areas (such as Laurel and Livingsten). There were two individual tests and one team test. The top four teams and the top two individuals go to state on March 7. I was on my school's team, but we placed fifth so we don't get to go to state. But for individuals, I placed in the top two so I get to go to state! :eek: It was amazing! ;)
When it comes to maths my mind goes slushy :)

Good job. Math will open a lot of doors for you. I'm in engineering, and if you speak and read calculus and differential equations, it's your world; we're just living in it.

If you really enjoy math, you should read The Golden Ratio by Mario Livio. It has some interesting facts, dispells some myths, and has a good general history of math.

Well done, K-Dawn! Such math skills will take you far, maybe to a college scholarship. Good luck at state!

According to your profile you're a girl. Congrats on the math. Being great at math and a girl will certainly open some special doors for you. My 7th grade daughter is in algebra (about 2 years ahead of average kids). She seems to get it too.

I love math. There's no wishy-washyness. You either get the right answer or you don't. There's no personal interpretation involved. It's a straightforward world.

I did struggle in calculus though. That's a differnt beast altogether. Maybe it was my teacher. I've known a few others who failed the same class repeatedly. Never studied so hard for a "C" in my life. But I passed.

Good Job. And Good Luck.

It's nice to see other competitive math students. I'm on my schools math team, though our competitions are a bit different (six individual rounds, one team), and states aren't for another month or two. Great job.

Back