• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Max Barry

SFG75

I could've sworn we had an author thread on this guy, but in searching for over an hour, alas, we don't.:( But now we do!:)

I'm a huge fan of this guy. He has a smashing smashing website that is definitely worth checking out. Company was definiteyo one of the most hilarious, bitingly sarcastic books that I've ever read. No other book has made me laugh out loud as long and consistently as it has. A definite treat. Jennifer Government is also a great book, especially if you want to see where our highly corporatized society could leas us should rampant privatization rule the day.

Do check out the Barry-Doctorow fiction writing smack down.

I read Jennifer Government a while back. Must say I wasn't too impressed; some good ideas, but badly realised; paper-thin characters, flat prose and a ridiculous plot.

But his website is pretty good, agreed.

I'm glad to have found this thread after having virtually forgotten about Maxx Barry, altogether. I picked up Syrup from the library a few years ago and absolutely loved his ironic wit and sarcastic style. Alas, I have not read any more of his work, but now I think I'll check out his shelf at the used book store.

Which other Maxx Barry books come with Book & Reader forum members' recommendations?

Back