• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Megan McCafferty: Sloppy Firsts

WoundedThorns

currently i am re-reading Sloppy Firsts. it was one of my favorite books when i was 14. its interesting to see this time around that the author used a lot of ideas from John Huges movies. no wonder this novel is compared to them in different reviews.

i suppose it is a typical book about a misunderstood teenage girl. i really like the character since she's amusing and cynical. like in Sixteen Candles, her older sister is concieted and about to get married - and bitchy in the process. Also like in Sixteen Candles, Jessica is "in love" with the most good looking senior while a geeky freshman is smitten with her. Scotty also reminds me of Ducky from Pretty in Pink. the book seems to also possess the typical stereotypes, like in Breakfast Club.

i'm not done with the book even though i got addicted. while the writer took ideas from these movies, at least she's adding different twists/endings. i just felt like making a post and stating the things that i noticed while re-reading this book.

sirmyk said:
I heard the next book in the series, Sloppy Seconds, wasn't that great.

its called second helpings. i started reading it today. i'm worried that i'll like the actual plot less, but its funny so far.

Back