• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Conelly: The Black Echo

Lincoln Rhyme

Harry Bosch is a very cool character and a very likable and whimsical one at that. Bosch is called to a homicide scene of one of his buddies from The Vietnam War. It looks as if the victim has OD,he does have a drug record too back up the theory.But to Bosch it seems to clean to have been an OD case. Bosch thinks it's a murder. Bosch then precedes to do whatever he needs to to complete the case.

My opinion: The only sole purpose to read this book is because of the main character, Harry Bosch. The story is okay,but Bosch's "**** you" attitude is awesome. He's also an incredibly funny character. For example, chaining two very high up officers to trees and making smart ass comments and threats,then pulls down one of the officers pants and boxers.I have to say, Bosch has leaped into my top 5 favorite characters list.

My rating::star3:
It's an alright read. If you're looking for an awesome protagonist, check this book out.

I say the same though the second book in the series is MUCH better than the first.So far,The Black Ice get's almost 5 stars from what I have read of it.

The Black Echo was decent,nothing special.

I agree. I read these Harry Bosch books all out of order. Started with Concrete Blonde, read the next two, and then backtracked to see how the series started. To me the Black Echo is worth reading, because you get history of the characters; but the series gets better and better after that.

Another post mentioned this same topic and it's worth me repeating my other post:

Connelly is an awesome writer and I love all the Harry Bosch books ... they're great reading.

Read through the Black Echo. It started out slow, picked up and got really good.

But, I think I am in the minority when I say that I absolutely could not stand Harry Bosch. I started the Black Ice, and gave up about a quarter of the way in.

Going by my chosen username, I think it is obvious that I am a huge fan of the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford, though I have contemplated giving Bosch another chance.

It was many years ago when I read this but my favorite harry Bosch book was the one which was partly about tunnel rats in Vietnam, but I do not remember which book this was. However, I enjoy all the Bosch stories and also Blood Work.

Read through the Black Echo. It started out slow, picked up and got really good.

But, I think I am in the minority when I say that I absolutely could not stand Harry Bosch. I started the Black Ice, and gave up about a quarter of the way in.

Going by my chosen username, I think it is obvious that I am a huge fan of the Lucas Davenport series by John Sandford, though I have contemplated giving Bosch another chance.
I LOVE Lucas Davenport(the character),but I cannot stand the story of each book.

Connelly's earlier work is okay but he has gotten better over time though.

I recommend The Poet which does not have Harry Bosch. A really good read.

Back