• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Ende: The Neverending Story

Marie

kickbox
I read it when I was 15 and really enjoyed it. I think everybody who likes fantasy should like it. I don't know if I would enjoy it as much as an adult, though. Maybe I will try to read it again...

There was a film after the book but it was really weak compared to the book (plus it was only the first part of it, they made a second part, I think, years later but I haven't seen it).

I was wondering if somebody else has read it and what they thought about this book?

I LOVE the Neverending story!!!! I first saw the movies when I was young, there was a third one too, but it didn't have Sebastian so I didn't watch it. I didn't even realize they were from a real book until I was about fifteen, strange for a child raised on a steady diet of reading, so I immediately read the book and loved it even more than the movie. Haven't read it in a while, although I did recommend it to a 12 yr old boy who asked for "dragon books", his mom came back in the shop the other day and said he loves it.
The best part of working in a bookstore for me is finding books for kids, hoping to prevent them from turning into one of the teenagers who comes in asking for Cliff Notes for To Kill A Mockingbird. Ooops! Sorry about the rant.

Yes, it is definitely a story to recommend to children : it is one of these books that has the power to make the more reluctant of them read (much like the Harry Potter series...)

I know I read it several times years ago. I think most children can relate to the character of Sebastian and dream something similar to his adventure would happen to them...

Back