• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Moon Landing: Real or Fake?

On July 20th 1969 American landed on the moon...true or false?

• True: America landed on the moon.

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • False: The moon landing was a fake!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Don't Know.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No idea where the cheese thing came from..never made sense to me, other than wishful thinking by starved mice:p

I think it is because it looks like a round of swiss cheese with all those craters.

I voted true. I just can't be bothered with the whole conspiracy thing.

I think it is because it looks like a round of swiss cheese with all those craters.

I voted true. I just can't be bothered with the whole conspiracy thing.

Besides, it would cost so much to keep that conspiracy going all these years..Just in Kansas alone. We have The Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson that has a huge collection of stuff from NASA and a huge budget to keep it going. My oldest dd served an internship there and got to work with stuff in the archives and actually touched some stuff that had been in space..she wore gloves;) As conspiracy theories go, this one is about as holey as the cheesy moon idea.

Besides, it would cost so much to keep that conspiracy going all these years..Just in Kansas alone. We have The Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson that has a huge collection of stuff from NASA and a huge budget to keep it going. My oldest dd served an internship there and got to work with stuff in the archives and actually touched some stuff that had been in space..she wore gloves;) As conspiracy theories go, this one is about as holey as the cheesy moon idea.

Exactly. Think about it this way; the conspiracy would have to be kept a secret and upheld by the same people who were responsible for Watergate... which was a MUCH smaller operation.

Exactly. Think about it this way; the conspiracy would have to be kept a secret and upheld by the same people who were responsible for Watergate... which was a MUCH smaller operation.

And given the way modern man is so litigation happy..someone would have sued for more hush money:rolleyes:

If the moon is made of cheese, it follows that the French must have been there first. And indeed, that's what really happened; The spaceship Napoleon XIV landed on the moon in 1964, loaded up on cheese and returned to Earth by mooring at the top of the Eiffel tower. (What did you THINK it was for?) However, while the roquefort they brought back was deemed "adequate" by cheese tasters, the brie was so-so and the port salut almost on a level with something you buy in a supermarket, vacuum packed in plastic. Any further plans on going to the moon were scrapped after this discovery. As president De Gaulle put it, "Les fromages des rochets sont très bleu" - or in English, "Rocket cheese is distinctly blaaah".

Of course, the news media, NASA, the freemasons and Montgomery Burns quickly hushed this up and instead created the popular urban myth of an American moon landing - something which should be ridiculous to anyone who has ever looked at the moon; the Sea Of Tranquility is, obviously, a tub of very runny camembert, and the notion of landing a spaceship in it is ludicrous.

(Apparently, Norway launched a rocket in 1959 to test the theory that the red planet Mars was made out of smoked salmon. The rocket, which is powered by the largest sail ever made at the shipyard in Stavanger, is expected to arrive any day now if the wind picks up a bit. To quote noted Norwegian astrophysicist Ole Stjernegutt, "If it vorked for Leif Eriksson, it vill vork for us too!")
...have you seen someone about this problem yet? o_O

Just kidding. I laughed my ass off over the whole thing. (And I'm really behind on this thread.)

i saw this video on the web that showed some crazy stuff that looked suspect, but then again the comentary probly made it look worse then it was, but then again it was some pretty strange stuff that made me wonder

Occam's Razor. It would be a lot easier to make a 10 second spoof, based on a real event, than to fool the entire world . I was around back then and saw an Apollo lift-off. I also watched the moon-landing (from a bar in Mexico, where I translated for the non-English speakers) and it was a LOT clearer than this clip. I suppose all those people who have died in the space program were "fake," too.

But the real truth of the matter is that my buddy, MonkeyJohn went along on the first trip to the moon and here's his account of the affair. (Original version published in The Martian Wave, Oct. 2002.

Mare Insanitatus

by John Bushore

A crazy crew of lunatics sailed to the moon in schooner ships.
They flitted over lunar seas and littered them with lunacies.
They ditched their schizophrenias, and jettisoned their manias;
then split their personalities, and pitched them like banalities.

But then they sensed an eerie presence - alien in the very essence.
With one blue eye, luminescent, ’round a pupil, incandescent,
there stood a lunar, beaky vulture, in duds that truly reeked of culture.
Beneath a hat of kiwi fruit, he wore a patched, green leisure suit.

Og owned these endless pools of Luna, trolled for finless schools of tuna
that swim like eels through fairy caves, far down beneath the arid waves.
He’d not permit these on his world, this lot on ships with sails unfurled.
For all of time, he’d ruled moon’s seas; he’d take no spite from fools like these.

Like sharpened knife, he flashed his gaze, and from his eye shot dazzling rays.
It mesmerized those wary folk; he hypnotized them ere he spoke,
“You’re not from here; just what are you?” Daft mind unclear, one answered, “Who?”
So these were hoos, Og wrongly guessed, and then he shooed them to his nest.

Deep down below the crater Tychos, gleefully he drove those psychos
to his dark retreat beneath the ground, where they perceived tink-clinking sounds.
The tune of hungry beaks of chicks? Their doom to be cheep menu picks?
But, bright and hot, Og's eye lit up; they spied a pot and nine chipped cups.

There fussed his mate, ’bout eight-foot-three. Nonplussed, she gaily made them tea.
Things eased a tad, the tension slacked; at least they hadn’t been attacked.
Enjoying tea, their hostess kind, they couldn’t see their host behind,
who honed his beak for easy cuts. He hoped to eat a meal of nuts.

Beak keen, he leapt straight at those hoos; this meal was one he'd hate to lose.
He came fast at them, sharp beak slashing, but the madmen started laughing.
His steely jaws met naught but air; it seemed the madmen were not there.
And now Og guessed their source of mirth. They’d left their bodies back on Earth.

JohnB

Back