• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

movies basesd on Books ?

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is going to be turned into a movie. That should be pretty good. The only problem is that one of the main characters isn't supposed to age, and it is taking them forever to make the movie, so I doubt that they will make movies for all of the books in the series. Most of the other movies that I have ever seen based on books are not very good. After reading the book, the movie is never up to my standards. I like the book too much and they normally always tend to screw up what is supposed to happen.

Just today I discovered that the brief but wonderful Silk by Alessandro Barricco has been made into a movie, this when I spotted it in the local zavvi (formerly Virgin) on DVD. I don't recall it being released in cinemas on the Emerald Sod, so I can only assume it went straight to DVD. Keira Knightley stars with a lead male actor I have never come across before.

I definitely recommend reading the book before watching this film, just in case the latter disappoints.

Just today I discovered that the brief but wonderful Silk by Alessandro Barricco has been made into a movie, this when I spotted it in the local zavvi (formerly Virgin) on DVD. I don't recall it being released in cinemas on the Emerald Sod, so I can only assume it went straight to DVD. Keira Knightley stars with a lead male actor I have never come across before.

I definitely recommend reading the book before watching this film, just in case the latter disappoints.

The movie is pretty bad and must be avoided.I watched it last week because the subject interested me,but i end up fast fowarding it to get it over.As for the actor,he look and acte like an old oxen.(the light's in in but there's nobody at home- kind of guy)
The probleme is,if i read the book now,i would spend my time seing those blank eyes and stupid face.
Keira Knightley is playing a small part in it.(guess she liked the book?)
Avoid it,it's worth th money nor the time.

The movie is pretty bad and must be avoided.I watched it last week because the subject interested me,but i end up fast fowarding it to get it over.As for the actor,he look and acte like an old oxen.(the light's in in but there's nobody at home- kind of guy)
The probleme is,if i read the book now,i would spend my time seing those blank eyes and stupid face.
Keira Knightley is playing a small part in it.(guess she liked the book?)
Avoid it,it's worth th money nor the time.

Thomas, I'll promise not to watch the movie if you promise to read the book. Deal?

Back