• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Munich

Justin91

I just watched the movie, and really liked it. Quite a bit of vio;ence, but is based on actual events.

Was this a good historical film, another thought provoking Speilberg social commenatary, or both. What did you guys think?

I haven't seen it yet, but have been thinking about purchasing the DVD.
I well remember when the incident took place, and the horror of what was then a new kind of terrorism.
If the adverts are any indication of content, it looks like a gut wrencher.

I saw Munich while on release in the cinema and from what I have read it is not historically accurate. The team in reality were meant to be a bumbling bunch with the hits being for other reasons than just revenge for the Olympics. I enjoyed the film overall my only complaints being the cringe worthy sex scene and the movie overstaying its welcome by a good 25 minutes.

Just finished watching it last night. The Israelis have a heck of a reputation of getting at whoever they want-whether it's Eichman and other Nazis, or the guys that were responsible for the Olympic attack in '72. Definitely a good movie with lots of moral and philosophical undertones. You could definitely see the "eye for an eye leaves everyone blind" theme as well as the lead character struggled with the fact that those whom he wiped out were easily replaced and that the struggle continued. It's a base thing to want revenge, but it can be very gratifying. I'm certain when the apartment windows were blown out with huge plumes of flame and smoke that he was gratified, but later on, he knew that the samsara of violence and unhappiness would continue.

I really enjoyed the film and thought it was an excellent look at our civilization and how violence good or evil will always be there...

I just rented Munich, too, and liked it. I thought it carried a couple of important messages--once revenge is taken, the eye-for-an-eye violence will never end. The other point was that revenge makes the oppressed no different from their oppressors.

I was tempted to rent it a few weeks ago but didn't. After reading what everyone had to say here I'll definitely pick it up on my next trip to the video store.

Leeann

Back