• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Murder in the Media

pufferpetey

There have been some really good books, movies, etc that have been put together (autobiographical or fiction) that have done a good job of portraying the stories of mass murderers.

What are some of your favs?? I really like the movie Monster. I think that was done extremely well.

You're right Monster was a really good movie.

Son of Sam is another one. Zodiac was also good. I actually heard about a new one coming out called The Green River Killer. Have you heard anything about it because I only saw like one preview for it??? :confused:

Monster and Citizen X are two that stand out for me.

I didn't enjoy Zodiac all that much. It just seemed to drag on and on. It would have been much better if they'd trimmed it down a little.

Have you heard anything about it because I only saw like one preview for it??? :confused:

I saw a commercial for it over the weekend. It’s called The Capture of The Green River Killer and it’s a miniseries on lifetime starting this Sunday. It has spike from buffy the vampire slayer playing Ted Bundy in the movie, so that alone should be pretty entertaining.

Thanks for that redtooth, wonder if it was made in 05 or 08, I've downloaded a film called "The Green River Killer it's date 2005 yet imdb.com site say's...
"The Capture of the Green River Killer" (2008) (mini) TV mini-series

It's like years ago the BBC(1) called 'Ironside' "A man called Ironside"
:confused: wonder if it's same scenario like Ironside title.?

There have been some really good books, movies, etc that have been put together (autobiographical or fiction) that have done a good job of portraying the stories of mass murderers.

What are some of your favs?? I really like the movie Monster. I think that was done extremely well.

I'd add COMPULSION, HELTER SKELTER, IN COLD BLOOD and Joseph Wambaugh's books.
These books are still very popular and are worth reading if you want to get a sense of how the term 'serial killer' came into being. The movies are very moving and multi-layered.

Back