• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Music library observation

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
When I am at work and I listen to music, I usually listen to an entire CD in track order and invariably I will have a few songs I don't enjoy as much as the others or not at all. When I am in the car or at home, I listen to my MP3s in shuffle mode and I find myself enjoying the songs that I normally wouldn't rate very high. I think this has to do with listening to the song outside the context of the album.

What say you fine folks?

Back in the day, when 45's were still around, I learned to flip them over and check out the "B" side. Some of my favorite songs to this day were merely 'album cuts', songs tossed into to fill up the requirments for a full album.

Same here. I usually skip over a few songs on an album once and then the next time I listen to it, I just automatically skip them again. But then again, I like discovering things that have fallen between the cracks.

I'm like that too. When I listen to music that I have control over, like an mp3 player or CDs, I skip over a lot of songs because either I'm not in the mood for them or I'm just not enjoying them. But when I listen to the radio I love 9 out of 10 songs, no matter what mood I'm in. I thought I was alone in that. Glad to hear I'm not!

I'm like that too. When I listen to music that I have control over, like an mp3 player or CDs, I skip over a lot of songs because either I'm not in the mood for them or I'm just not enjoying them. But when I listen to the radio I love 9 out of 10 songs, no matter what mood I'm in. I thought I was alone in that. Glad to hear I'm not!

same here!

Back