• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Amazon Kindle review....finally!

Hi Isabell,

Thanks for the list given by you. It has been of great help for me for finding reading material for this month...:)

My number one issue with the Kindle:

It doesn't have the proper aroma.

A little off topic here - but back in 1994 I purchased the paperback version of "Trader Vic - Methods of a Wall Street Master published by Wiley. The smell of the paper was something that I had never smelled before, it was so attractive it distracted me from the reading. There was a note on the copyright page that it was printed on acid free paper. I just pulled the book off the shelf, and the aroma is still there, although much diminished, after all these years.

Overall, the new Kindle swung me back on to the side of e-readers in this never-ending debate about multifunction (think iPad) vs. mostly single function devices (e-readers). The latest Kindle (in white and graphite) is a handy extra gadget to carry around. For me, the e-reader vs. iPad debate doesn’t necessarily apply since it’s not a zero sum affair. There will be iPad/Kindle households depending on the family. Simply put, I’m looking to consolidate devices, but I’m also looking to consolidate paper.

--------------
kindle review

Yes, I know what you fear about the responses! Kindle verses Sony is like Mac verses PC. People can get very emotional about them!
I love hard copy but sadly not only is my house over flowing with them I have stopped buying them as I just can't justify the endless cutting of trees. These devices may not be perfect (each member of our family has a different kind) but they are more 'guilt' free!

Back