• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My final message to all members.

manuscriptx

Yeah, sure, I'll go, while I'm waiting for the Lord to remember me.
Listen, I don't need to be forgiven, or handed a second chance.
I like where I'm staying. Rock bottom isn't so wonderful but Lucifer
said he'd rather be there than a servant in heaven. I'm not looking
to make friends with any of you deadbeats nor am I looking to catch
fire from any of you on a good day where you might throw me a bone
or scrap of meat. " This poem I actually like, " Listen, save it. Save your
fake rambling rose. Your fake hints at moderation. While on the one hand
you dislike a few key words, phrases, passages, complex meanings, you generally
appreciate the work as a whole.

I can see right through it. If you never liked me from the beginning, why
read my material at all? No longer a member, I will have sucessfully spent
a full year or more never having seen anyone else's thread. No matter the topic.
Simple and consistent choices always are my norm. It's too bad you can't say
the same thing, can't you? Always something to criticize, always something to
take a swipe at, jab, or think you can knock me off my kilter.

I'm finished.

To the few members who had the guts to praise me, I say thanks.
End of story.

Are you complaining about criticism? If so, you deserve it because you can't even write a coherent message board post.

If you come back, Manuscript, here is my lat message to you. Learn to deal with criticism as a civil person. Any time someone said something moderatly jabbing at your work you came back to insult them in one way or the other. There is a politic to gaining readers, not just by your work but by who you are. Your work? It's not bad, but you're not perfect, and any time someone tells you that you bitch. And you as a person? You're a faggot; plain and simple, your ego is too large for its own good and you can't exactly expect us to sympathize with you with th persona you carry around. If you continue writing you will find success, but work on your attitude first. I had to once, I had my personality and my ego beaten down into the floor. Maybe in time you'll have someone poke a hole in yours soon enough.

I think if you were a little more perceptive and read between the lines, SevenWritez, you would see that far from having an inflated ego, quite the opposite is the case.

I think if you were a little more perceptive and read between the lines, SevenWritez, you would see that far from having an inflated ego, quite the opposite is the case.

I'm not speaking of this post; what he says here is different from what else I've read in the other posts; I'm basing what I say off other examples, not a farewell note.

Too Attached

Manuscript,

I made a pamphlet once for an event. My father saw it and commented on it without knowing that I had made it. He complained about its layout and design -- a lot. I was a little off-put, but then I realized that I had a unique gift: honesty without it being shaded one way or another. And you know what, he was right. But he still doesn't know the pamphlet's creator was me. :)

Sure, there are people who will detract anyone's work. There are people who can't help by detract their own work too. But praise will not make you a better writer.

Persistence and flexibility will. Creativity, the art of beauty, can actually flourish if constructive criticism is considered. Even if you do not agree with all of it, you are being given the gift of how another person perceives the same thing. It is not that they may see it better than you, but it will help you expand your own perceptions. It is a logical fact that a narrow perception of words, sentences, and structure stifles growth as a writer.

If you are writing to be loved instead of loving to write, this is also a motivation that must be asked of yourself. Everybody has a mixture of both. I doubt, though I don't know, that no one really liked you from the start. This is an extreme statement that is also a very personal statement. I doubt very much that everyone suddenly hated you once you made your first post. I doubt that everyone even hates you now.

Criticism is not always the enemy, sometimes, it is a a good friend. And sometimes, rosy but insincere praise can be the worst poison of all.

I'll take any opportunity to make fun of your Spanish, Vespertilio. I believe you were trying to say, "Adiosa. Espero que te mueres." And of course, I only left in the extra "A" on the first word because I know you like it there...

Ahhhh, really!?

While on the one hand you dislike a few key words, phrases, passages, complex meanings, you generally appreciate the work as a whole.

Sounds to me like folks gave you credit where it was deserved, and notes on other matters as they saw fit. That's the point of a review or friendly criticism correct? Touche. In an odd way, I'll miss reading all of the back and forth banter, I quite enjoyed it.

Sounds to me like folks gave you credit where it was deserved, and notes on other matters as they saw fit. That's the point of a review or friendly criticism correct? Touche. In an odd way, I'll miss reading all of the back and forth banter, I quite enjoyed it.
'Twas even more fun to participate, was it not? I did enjoy what of his work I could comprehend, but bits and pieces were needed to be revised, and whence mentioned were taken with utmost hostility.

There's no denying he had talent. I believe most people here have the potential to create a great novel if they so try to, but along with being an artist, it is nice to keep an ounce of modesty with your own work. I admit to my friends when I **** up on a certain passae regarding one of my short stories (finally working on my novel now, hazah), but they also know that I'm an arrogant egotistical dipshit who doesn't always agree with what they have to say. However, this field of work--writing, etc.--requires that you not only have skill, but appeal. Manuscript was good, yeah, but if you even offered a slight suggestion of how to improve/change his work, he either insulted you or just went on of how he was great and everyone else could suck his dick (in broad terms, of course; he liked to speak in riddles). But yes, blah zeh blah blah, he needs an attitude adjustment, online-wise at least. I used to go about reading forums under an "alias," where I said....stuff. Anyhow, I just got distracted with my friend kicking a soccer ball through the room and knocking over one of my pictures. I don't know where I was going with this.

Well, now that manuscriptx is gone, we have something new to be amused about...his crazy, super-religious ancestor from the Elizabethan period.

Back