• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mysteries in translation

I've read a few of the Per Wahloo entries, and enjoyed them, but they don't seem too special to me, maybe one has to read most or all of them for the total effect. I've enjoyed The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo, and have the other two mentioned by Maine Colonial up the thread, and if they are as good as the first, I'll be happy.
Henning Mankell is always good of course, and more recently the Larsson trilogy is most satisfying.

Good rant. Especially after the news recently that Jens Lapidus' debut novel (which, of course, is also sold as "the next Stieg Larsson") will be titled Easy Møney in translation. *headdesk* I'm all in favour of more non-English literature being translated, but surely it wouldn't hurt if they tried to do more than scrape the bottom of the barrel in an attempt to fetishize one writer?

Back