• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Name that book!

bartleby

I'm sure this has been done before here. How about a little literary distraction whereby I post the opening line(s) to a novel. Whoever gets in to post the correct answer first then posts a new opening line. And so on...

Are you all game? Here goes:

"The gravel pit was about a mile east of town, and the size of a small lake, and so deep that boys under sixteen were forbidden by their parents to swim there. I knew it only by hearsay."

Happy hunting. Bart.

So Long, See You Tomorrow - William Maxwell

"By the time I had finished my two drinks at the bar, the tourist crowd that had packed the Lufthansa Flight 16 into Kennedy International Airport had left the baggage area."

Originally Posted by joderu95

"By the time I had finished my two drinks at the bar, the tourist crowd that had packed the Lufthansa Flight 16 into Kennedy International Airport had left the baggage area."

:( After a period of appropriate duration had elapsed, Holmes provided Dr. Watson with a clue...

No problem. I think you'll appreciate this one.

Shares a name with Irish-American gangster from the 60s and 70s.

Back