• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

name the worst invention

DITTO!!! As a mother of a 4 year old, I can't agree more!! You can only take so many "HONK HONKS" and CHOO CHOOS" and besides that, there are the toys that don't take batteries....so they never die. UGH!!

On that note the WORST INVENTION EVER is the Lionel Coin Bank!!

hey you should read what I said about ugly beatty in the film forum. I hope you're not a fan

fast food has got to be one of the best of the worst, but a bad invention that always got on my nerves are the beer bottle and can coolers......
if you dont finish a can of beer or a bottle of beer before it gets warm, you probly dont want to drink it in the first place, i hate those things

and to counter the worst inventions ill throw in a couple of the best, in no particular order

light bulb
the wheel
hockey stick/puck

and an invention i would love to see made a reality is a damned book holder thing i could lay beside me in bed or on the couch that would hold the book open for me, jesus that sounds lazy, but i hate having to interupt my reading to reposition

i think i need help

and an invention i would love to see made a reality is a damned book holder thing i could lay beside me in bed or on the couch that would hold the book open for me, jesus that sounds lazy, but i hate having to interupt my reading to reposition

i think i need help

LoL liktareadmore63, that's for sure. A good thing to do when I'm laid in bed but unable to fall asleep is to read a book. And I don't know if this device you dream of would serve only to this purpose, but I'd like a book holder that cold hold the book on top of me wile I'm laid in bed so I don't have to hold the book with my own arms. It could sound lazy as well, but I say that if my goal would be to fall asleep I should not do any physical exertion in this particular occasion, should I?

Answering machine of company who ask you to say "yes" ,"no",press 4,press7,...they drive me crazy.While in france they never understood my wife Irish accent,she broke a few phones because of this(Irish temper!).So it is for me with french accent...

the king's gambit

nowt wrong with the King's Gambit for a club night. It does everything that a gambit should do, it gives you space and the initative. Natural development is taking you down the right path so it is good for novices and black is going to be chasing the game for quite a while.

Now if you want openings that should be banned, I vote for the Albin counter-gambit (1. d4, d5 2. c4, e5?). That gives you an ugly board faster than anything I have ever seen.

Fax Machines

Actually, I think such invention was not bothering by the time it was invented. I don't have an idea when was it, but surely it was better than the mail service. But nowadays--and I mean probably in the last 15 years--these fax machines became kind of antiquated things, don't you think? I'm 21 years old and I was never used to their usage.

So I was in my workplace last week, excited that it was Friday and that I would be soon in a trip with friends to another city, where we would spend the Carnival holiday. So far so good. So suddenly, just like any disgrace happens, I was asked by my boss to send by fax an abstract of the undergoing processes to a client of the office (I work in a lawyers' office). Then the boss left. "That may not take too long", I thought to myself. The problem is that the few people remaining in the office, including me, did never use a fax machine. Of course! Why would I use a fax machine if I could simply, fastly and easily send an e-mail?? If we were in the 80's I'd say I should be familiarized with fax machines. But I was 4 years old in 1990! So how was I supposed to use a fax machine? Anyway, I think I discovered how that thing works. So I called the number, asked for the signal and feed it with the documents to be sent (the report of the undergoing trials, which I had done in the previously day). The papers went through the machine and emerged by its front side. It was a lot of papers. This process took a considerably long time. "But it's done now. I can go meet my friends to the ride" was my thought. Unfortunately I like to do things always right and I decided to call the addressee again just for make sure all the pages of the report were printed there. Only the first page was printed in the addressee’s device!!!! I don't know what went wrong and I also don't want to know.

There are many computers in that office and I could easily send all the report by e-mail. But the problem is that only the boss can use the office e-mail for communication with the clients. Also, the e-mail communication with the clients must be done only with the office e-mail, whose domain is hosted in the very office facilities. So due to such formal circumstances, I had to use the fax machine. It would be not good to use my personal e-mail. But (god damn it) I used it. That was my first contact with this obsolete fax machine stuff and I hated it. I hope nostalgic people will someday realize fax machines are obsolete. :mad:

Toothpicks. Tons of trees have to die to become sticks that go in people mouths. Why not just use floss people? lol

Those trees could be used for books. ;_;

Back