• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Napoleon Dynamite

mzmouse86

This is one of the greatest movies ever... When it first came out nobody knew about it, now it seems like the whole world has seen it. It's so random and has no real plot or anything, but you can't help but love it. My favorite parts... when Uncle Rico throws the steak at Napoleon, the chicken farm part, (Next time you watch it, look at his face when he puts them in the cages.) and the wedding at the end when Kip sings. Kip and Lyle are my favorite characters. So anyway, what do you think of it?

Watched this one at 4 in the morning.

It did not give any boisterous dialogues/conversations, or scenic pictures. At first I was even mistaken in thinking that it was a movie about retarded people or something. I knew I was wrong now.

To me, most part of the film progressed slowly (or moderately slowly). It felt like this: peace, an extension of Texas-ish landscape, silence, a mountain in the remote backgroud, peace, a house, no wrinkle, no wave, a girl in pink (with her sweet nice round face).............................................................................. and finally, the lake of peace was disturbed. A stone was throwned in to somewhere of the lake. A wave of light sweetness appeared. And a smile without my awareness showed on my face.

I knew that I liked very much that last few minutes of the film (the ending part when Napoleon was dancing on the stage).

We first watched the movie on video with our grandaughter and her boyfriend. At the very beginning of the movie when we started watching it we kinda all looked at each other and wondered....what in the world is this. Then we kinda got into the film and enjoyed it very much.

I watched the first 15-30 minutes of it then took it back to the library I borrowed it from. Utter drivel, and I didn't even chuckle.

Crystal said:
..... last few minutes of the film (the ending part when Napoleon was dancing on the stage).

Then let me think that the life like that isn't unlovely at all.

To Miss shelf:

I guess one has to be patient enough to pass that first 15 or 30 minutes. Or whatever. :)

The key to the film is to not watch it alone. I went with four other guys to see in in the theater and there were three others in the same movie, all who came by themselves. By the end of the first 45 minutes, all of the solo watchers had left. The five of us howled all the way through it.
One of the few movies I've seen that stays funny even after several viewings. Drivel? Perhaps, put (IMHO) pretty funny drivel.

Crystal said:
Then let me think that the life like that isn't unlovely at all.

To Miss shelf:

I guess one has to be patient enough to pass that first 15 or 30 minutes. Or whatever. :)
It is a "feel good" movie. The ending was special. Perhaps it does take 15 or so minutes to get into the film but the wait is well worthwhile. :)

This movie was horriable it made my brain hurt with disgust... There should be law not to make such krap ever again...

This is a great movie - one that only gets funnier as you watch it. The first time I saw it I thought that it was pretty average, but it's only since I've watched it a couple of times through that I've been able to pick up on all the jokes, and I think that it's hilarious.

Just a fun bit of trivia - the actor playing Uncle Rico is actually a vegetarian, and so he would spit out the steak after shooting a scene. Just after the part where he throws the steak at Napoleon, you can see him spit out the steak into his hand as he sits down.

I'm sorry if I sound offensive, but this movie really had no point. All what it is about is a nerd that really overreacts.

giddieon said:
This movie was horriable it made my brain hurt with disgust... There should be law not to make such krap ever again...

LOL, yeah when I watched it I really told my cousin it hurt me, however, now when I hear or read quotes from it, they make me die laughing, so I know I'll end up watching it again!

Rhapsody said:
LOL, yeah when I watched it I really told my cousin it hurt me, however, now when I hear or read quotes from it, they make me die laughing, so I know I'll end up watching it again!

My buddy loves this movie and it was him the said it was the best but when he quotes the movie I have to laugh at him..... oh man... but he likes wierd things...

I think this was a bad movie, i didn't liked it at all, it was very boring. I didn't found it funny, it was stupid in my opinion.

I thought the movie was boring. Then when I was at work as a cashier at wal-mart somebody said I look like a hot napolean dynamite. Now I like it.

manatherindrell said:
I thought the movie was boring. Then when I was at work as a cashier at wal-mart somebody said I look like a hot napolean dynamite. Now I like it.
That's an umusing story.:p

Back