• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Near Death of The Easter Bunny

Inkheart

"The fog last night was unreal. It hung over the village like a giant cloud of chloroform, ready to suffocate the lonely coastal road with it's sprouting twigs of houses. I stepped across the dew-ridden grass, droplets winking under the full moon. The car was cold and the damp leather of the wheel sent shivers up to my elbows. I stared ahead at the tiny stretch of road. With insane optimism I hoped I could remember the correct bends and turns it would tease me with.

The hedgerows lining the road seemed to stand, watching me pass, knowing my awful fate around the next bend. I watched the undulating shadows cast by my headlights as I moved the car forward. It felt like I was playing a computer game, it was too simple to be careful. Gliding around corners I felt as though a giant hand was laying the road behind the curtain of fog metres in front.

I had just settled into this amusing notion and was enjoying the surreal midnight game, when with such unexpected suddenness, a grey creature skipped along the hem of the fog curtain and disappeared into the silent hedgerow. I slammed on the brakes. I nearly killed it, I thought. I automatically switched off the engine. My heart thumped in my chest. I looked over at the unmoving blackthorn into which the white rump had disappeared. The full moon, the fog and the isolation of the moment sent flashing images of an evil, black, twisted version of Alice In Wonderland existing within the sneering blackthorn. I was Alice and I had nearly killed the White Rabbit.

Gathering my senses I looked back at the road ahead. I was nearly home. Removing the incident from my mind I turned the engine on and out of habit, glanced at the passenger seat beside me. The giant chocolate egg in the navy box had fallen onto its side. Leaning on the navy box at an awkward angle lay the chocolate rabbit. Its eye of white chocolate directed at me. Through the ruffles of plastic, its dark chocloate eyebrow seemed to be raised questioningly. I laughed at the absurdity of it all, put my foot on the accelerator and continued on my journey home.

I was Laura and I had nearly killed the Easter Bunny."

Hi everyone, Im a 21 year old student from Ireland, and I stumbled across these boards by chance. Great place. I will read absolutely anything (apart from Harry Potter, no thank you). Hope to talk to some of you soon... :)

Welcome to the forum, Inkheart! :) I don't know if you should let SillyWabbit read that - the near death of one of his relatives might scare him.

Hi there?

So you are studying animal care at college? Sounds pretty cool. What you gonna be when you're grown up?

Hi Inkheart! Welcome to the forums! What an intro. lol.

Hope you enjoy yourself here. I used to feel the same way about Harry Potter, but a friend said, "Aww, just try it," so I reluctantly did and ended up really enjoying it. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was fun. Anyhow, have fun here!

Rogue said:
Hi there?

So you are studying animal care at college? Sounds pretty cool. What you gonna be when you're grown up?

yeah, id quite like to go on to study zoology. Im also quite capable of taking up something completely different so we will see.

Hollis said:
Hi Inkheart! Welcome to the forums! What an intro. lol.

Hope you enjoy yourself here. I used to feel the same way about Harry Potter, but a friend said, "Aww, just try it," so I reluctantly did and ended up really enjoying it. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was fun. Anyhow, have fun here!

i did try it on numerous occasions. just couldnt get into it at all. im really missing something there.

inkheart said:
yeah, id quite like to go on to study zoology. Im also quite capable of taking up something completely different so we will see.
That's cool. I'm studying zoology and it's ok but it lost some fascination over the years.

I still can't stand dead animals, but I love caring for the living ones.

I will probably get bored with the whole animal thing after awhile. My attention span is frightfully short when im not being fed a wide variety of information, lol. So where are you studying?

It's only a small college just outside Dublin. We study a variety of subjects including animal handling, general animal care, behaviour, evolution, conservation, dog grooming, anatomy and physiology.

I do not fear for the Easter bunny! Bunnies are not only fluffy, cooler than a polar bear's backside, but also VERY difficult to kill :cool:

Welcome to forum where we wuv the bunnies :p

SillyWabbit said:
I do not fear for the Easter bunny! Bunnies are not only fluffy, cooler than a polar bear's backside, but also VERY difficult to kill :cool:

Welcome to forum where we wuv the bunnies :p

Thanks! :)

Back