• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need a new detective to follow Harry Bosch

karalk

I have almost finished the last Harry Bosch book by Michael Connelly. Can you recommend a new one for me? I'm going to miss Harry!

You could try the 'Rebus' series by Ian Rankin. Not as good as Connelly but still worth reading the series if you liked Bosch.

I hadn't come across Connelly or Bosch until reading this thread. So I decided to do some investigations of my own.

There are only two of his books listed in the Library section of this site. One of them, "Chasing in the Dime", doesn't actually feature Bosch. There are no reviews for it yet in the Library here, and the reviews on Amazon.co.uk are very polarised. A couple of reviewers loved it, whereas a number of others were very disappointed.

Has anyone read this one and those featuring Bosch? Which did you prefer? If reading the Bosch books, where would be the best place to start?

I couldn't recommend Connelly enough. Basically there are three types of Connelly novel:

1= Those featuring Detective Harry Bosch - would recommend starting from book one here as they are as much about Bosch's life as the crimes he solves
2= Those featuring Terry Mcaleb (I think that's his name) who is another detective type character. Not as many books as the Bosch series
3= The 'one-off' crime stories eg The Poet, Void Moon etc

As a series the Bosch books are the best, but my personal favourite novel would be The Poet. Wasn't too keen on Void Moon.

Bosch

I have to admit, as much as I love Bosch "The Poet" was even better. It was brilliant. His best book.
Headpodd, I'll try Rebus. Thanks.

Back