• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need Help 2 Select A Good Manga!!!

Dea

Hi everyone, :)

I'm new 2 the Manga world, except Hana Yori Dango, that I heard of be4. :p

Anyways, so when I heard that Hana Yori Dango will be finally in stores in July, I went 2 buy it, except they told me it will be out in August. ::(

So, I decided 2 go and see other mangas books and here's the titles I found: :rolleyes: :confused:

Chadin Sisters Demon Diary Samurai girl
Vampire game Kodocha Mars
Tokyo Mew Mew Marmalade Boy Oh My Godess
Miracle girl INNUU Love Hima
Paradise kiss Real bout high school
Peach girl Kare Lano
Planet Laddeo kindachi Case file

If ANYONE Reads anyones of those and can HELP me and Tell me which one Of THOSE r GOOD Mangas. I'll be really HAPPY!! :D

Thanks 4 replying! :D

Welcome to the wonderful world of manga!
I've read a number of those you listed..
Marmalade boy is a very cute and simple story, good if you like sweet basic love stories.
Planet Ladder, in my opinion, is excellent if you're the kind of person who loves a good fantasy tale.
Oh My Goddess has great characters, good story, it's cute and sweet...read the manga before you watch the anime.
Love Hina...I personally found the manga a bit confusing, but, at the same time, it is one of the most popular, best loved manga out there right now.
Real Bout High School is great if you're looking for action, the art can seem a bit cluttered at times, but it's still a good read.
Kare Kano is good overall, nice art, good characters, and a cute story, another sweet series.

Some ones you didn't list that are still easy to find and good are Wish, which is a simple story with great art and if you follow it through..a really good ending. Wish is done by CLAMP, as well as Chobits, Man of Many Faces, Card Captor Sakura, and Magic Knight, pretty much anything they do is gonna be worth a look.
Dragon Knights is another good fantasy, though it looks nice it's easy to get lost.
Oh well, I feel like I'm babbling, I hope this will be of a little help to you

Does anyone read manga, that is, Japanese comics?

I've never read one but I love anime, Japanese animation.

If anyone's ever read manga could they suggest anything for me? :)

I've watched Love Hina and I know there's a manga of it but I've heard it's even more a for guys sort of thing.

I've read neon genesis: evangelion, video girl ai and akira. but eva is my all-time favorite.

the anime is powerful good.

i have read the first numbers of (sudenly i realized buying comics wasnt cheap anymore), video girl ai, Ranma 1/2 (my personal favorite) and dragon ball Z

Like Lies said, check all the other threads on this subject - you'll find a wealth of recommendations. My personal favourite, for example, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, whom I have lauded continuously since my arrival here.

We sell manga at my book store, and sadly enough most of the people who buy it have poor personal hygene and really really bad breath its kinda sad.

I read so many of them. They are pretty much what I read on a daily basses. I can finish one in a day or two... My favorite series is Petshop of Horrors for the characters and stories. Count D rocks!

hey, my personal favorite is X 1999, it is pretty strange, and about the end of the world and so on, but i thought it was pretty good!!

I really like anime! I can't wait to see the new Appleseed movie! Gotta love Akira and Ghost in the Shell... but there are so many more :)

I've only read some Love Hina (which is cute) and the first Dragonball Z. I don't really find it necessary to spend money on manga if you've already seen the anime of the same title. (The Love Hina manga was almost like word for word, scene for scene with the anime)

Martin said:
I've been wanting to buy Akira on DVD for ages now.

Cheers

There's one immensely powerful scene (won't spoil it for you, but it epitomises 'all power corrupts' etc.), some downright weirdness and the rest is ultraviolent trash. Do yourself a favour and buy something by Miyazaki or the Patlabor films instead.

Michigan said:
Does anyone read manga, that is, Japanese comics?

I've never read one but I love anime, Japanese animation.

If anyone's ever read manga could they suggest anything for me? :)

I've watched Love Hina and I know there's a manga of it but I've heard it's even more a for guys sort of thing.

i recommend 'Rurouni Kenshin' it has a great story line, and is a very popular anime.

Ok, here's your required reading list:

-20th Century Boys (only availiable online)
-Please Save my Earth
-Naruto/DragonBallZ
-Akira, the manga (the movie is awesome but no substitute for the manga)
-Ranma 1/2
-Urusei Yatsura (Bit hard to find, old)
-Great Teacher Onizuka (16+, definetly...)

I don't know the anime you mentioned, so i can only suggest you Mangas which are my favorites!

I highly enjoy the Berserk mangas, which are extremely brutal, but most importantly tell a great story and develope great and deep characters. Guts is porbably one of my favorite manga characters ;) But i warn you, it's an extremely long manga series, more than 20 mangas and i don't know if it's even finished yet, because, sadly, i haven't read all of them so far, but i will ;)

One of the most disturbing mangas i have ever read was Gantz. The series is not finished yet, the story is still continued as far as i know, at least the last manga of it i read, wasn't the end of the story, that's for sure

Full Metal Panic is an extremely funny manga, sadly i have read only the first one so far, but i'll borrow the rest of them from a friend, definitely!

One of the more "philosophical" mangas is Kamikaze which i already finished, which means i have read all the already written and published mangas of this series.

Dark Angel (it has nothing to do with the series "James Cameron's Dark Angel" with Jessica Alba!!) has also wonderful drawings, a great, sometimes even funny story, and an interesting main character!

At the moment I'm reading every Manga that I can lay my hands on. :)
In a few days I'll go to New York and I'll surely shop until I drop.
Does somebody know where I can buy Mangas in New York? :confused:

Back