• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need Help 2 Select A Good Manga!!!

fushigi yugi by yuu watase - romance/comedy/action.

ceres celestial ledgend by yuu watase - romance/comedy/action/horror.

you cant go wrong with these two!

You might like Marmalade Boy. It's a lot of drama and romance; I don't know about adventure, though. And it's funny in parts, but not purely made for comedy.

well, what kind of adventure/romance are you looking for? what kind of female characters/male characters and other genres do you like? do you prefer shounen/shoujo? because I have a vast manga collection, mostly shoujo, and if you really need a recommendation, just give me a bit more info and I can come up with the perfect one, or tell me a series you're thinking about and I'll give you the lowdown on whether its worth it or not ^_^ oh, and how much romance do you need? do you want the focus to be on the adventure part more, or the romance?

man, I get really into questions like these lol I agree with others that "Inu-yasha" is good for romance/adventure, but there are so many volumes and the latest ones drag on, so you might not want to invest in that..."fullmetal alchemist" has a bit of romance, but is more about adventure...but it's also a good overall drama and has little moments of comedy within; its pretty well rounded. "fruits basket" would qualify as an adventure I suppose, if you consider curses and people changing into animals of the zodiac and a freaky head of house god type person adventure @_@ and its a good one for frustrating romances as well *(^_^)*

Blade of the Immortal is one of the best I have seen in awhile. Also the first Battle Angel series was really good. If you read Ghost in the Shell you should also go for Appelseed. Lone Wolf and Cub is also really good, but I would call it's art style Manga, more old school comics in an American style, but very good art nonetheless, and great story.

Hellsing is definitely my fave. I like Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach, but their shows are excellent in their own right. Hellsing, though... Nazis, vampires, mercenaries... I don't know how you could possibly go wrong with that equation.

unKeMPt said:
Hellsing, though... Nazis, vampires, mercenaries... I don't know how you could possibly go wrong with that equation.
You can't. :D

I suggest InuYasha, R. Kenshin, and YuYu Hakusho. (god, I can't spell)

Wow, I've read a lot of manga, I don't know where to start. Most of the ones I read are not very popular ones, but I've read some popular ones too. My favorites are DN Angel, Tsubasa, Yoki Koto Kiku, Fruits Basket, +Anima, and a whole bunch I can't think of at the moment...

I have purchased more manga, which I probably shouldn't have done since I have several still that have not been read yet. Descendants of Darkness is one of these things however where I would just rather wait until I have all eleven volumes before I seriously settle down to read it. It was neglected so long where I just had the first two, but lately I've been increasing that collection. My last purchase was volume seven. So close!

I really enjoy Fruits Basket. It's the only manga that I've actually stuck to. Others I get bored with and quit reading. I like the anime series for Fruits Basket too.

Back