• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need Help 2 Select A Good Manga!!!

I currently have about 14 mangas in my collection, including Fruits Basket, Love Hina, DN Angel and .Hack. I've read a lot of the Chobits, Battle Royale and Battle Vixens series' as I've introduced my friends to them :)

Harry Gamblor said:
I don't know the anime you mentioned, so i can only suggest you Mangas which are my favorites!

I highly enjoy the Berserk mangas, which are extremely brutal, but most importantly tell a great story and develope great and deep characters. Guts is porbably one of my favorite manga characters ;) But i warn you, it's an extremely long manga series, more than 20 mangas and i don't know if it's even finished yet, because, sadly, i haven't read all of them so far, but i will ;)

One of the most disturbing mangas i have ever read was Gantz. The series is not finished yet, the story is still continued as far as i know, at least the last manga of it i read, wasn't the end of the story, that's for sure

Full Metal Panic is an extremely funny manga, sadly i have read only the first one so far, but i'll borrow the rest of them from a friend, definitely!

One of the more "philosophical" mangas is Kamikaze which i already finished, which means i have read all the already written and published mangas of this series.

Dark Angel (it has nothing to do with the series "James Cameron's Dark Angel" with Jessica Alba!!) has also wonderful drawings, a great, sometimes even funny story, and an interesting main character!

Berserk is alright. It gets real repetitive, so does Naruto. If you understood the author's motive I think you can stop reading and still guess the outcome of things... Initial D is funny, I think its a good manga. Full Metal Alchemist was a good manga then it started to wave a bit and now I don't like it. Its dark as well, good story.

For the nonkiddies, read Slut Girl, 18+ I guess? Its Hentai but its good manga too, [H] is one of the better things out there if the story fits. But if its just like all violence or all sex its kind of stupid, which is why I dun really read Berserk anymore... :| This also goes to Tenjou Tenge... another all out beat them up manga... Kind of strange.

Why do I like Initial D? Well first I thought the whole driving anime/manga was crap because wtf driving and you put a manga for it? But I look beneth the original prejudice and found it was pretty neat manga about growing up and being a teenager and a racer. And you get into driving and learn some fo the terms if you have never touched or worked on a car before in your life or never driven for the purpose of shooting a 60mph or 100kmh ish thru a corner (don't try this at home without practice!). That also got me into watching WRC, now WRC is another totally different story and I will nto explain that nor will I explain why I think America's NASCAR is total shit and waste of fuel and another excuse that our gas prices are so damn high, $2.11/gallon over here!

Mai Hime is alright... Its Love Hina and Salior Moon with a dark twist... Both manga and anime... Love Hina anime was neat. :)

If Gundam made any manga it probably wasn't too notable... I don't see it around on the torrents much...

Blade of the Immortal is my favorite. I also read One Piece , Battle Angel Alita, Gunsmith Cats, Trigun Maximum, and Dragonball Z.

I havent read too much manga but the few i have read gave me the feeling that the japanese are all pedophiles with a schooluniform fetish

Zolipara said:
I havent read too much manga but the few i have read gave me the feeling that the japanese are all pedophiles with a schooluniform fetish

And yet there are dozens of manga that don't involve young girls in school uniforms.

bobbyburns said:
trigun is coolio. me like you, renee.
Trigun is great, which is why I have the anime, the manga, some action figures, and a wallscroll. :D

It was a highly subjective opinion based on the few manga comics i've read.

I kinda liked Ghost in a Shell though.

Zolipara, have you seen the Ghost in the Shell 2 movie that came out? It's bloody beautiful! It's really a feast for the eyes - wonderful artwork.

The pace is a little slow, but plenty of action though.

ds

I believe it's called Innocence. It's beautiful. The story, well... get back here when you're done watching it. :)

ds

Renee said:
Blade of the Immortal is my favorite. I also read One Piece , Battle Angel Alita, Gunsmith Cats, Trigun Maximum, and Dragonball Z.

oh blade was cool, i read about 6 to 7 of this. some of the drawings are amazing... good taste by the way.

honeydevil said:
oh blade was cool, i read about 6 to 7 of this. some of the drawings are amazing... good taste by the way.

Blade has some beautiful graphics. I have 13 of the 14 released trade paperbacks. It's by far my favorite manga. :)

Renee said:
Blade has some beautiful graphics. I have 13 of the 14 released trade paperbacks. It's by far my favorite manga. :)

too expensive for me, i don't spend money on books i read in about half an hour, but i borrowed them adn they were beautiful...

Manga. You should use the search function next time or just have a look around in the forums, the thread was on page one.

Hey, I was wondering could anybody recommend any good manga comics to read? I haven't read that much, just Great Teacher Onizuka (a couple of volumes) and Chobits, both of which I really enjoyed. Are there any adventure/romance type ones, preferably not comedy but don't really mind? As I'm so confused with the amount of mangas there are, everytime I go to a shop to buy one I just get scared away and don't know what to get..
Thanks!

Back