• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help identify a fantasy series....

Lady_Jodie

I read this some years ago and am pretty sure it was a trilogy. The most I can remember is that it was set in a place that had been divided into two parts. One half used magic and other did not. They were divided by a kind of wall that you could not be passed with out the help of a witch of some sort.

THe main character was a boy that had to cross the wall but I cannot remember much else besides the fact that later in the books(s) he was captured and held captive by a dominatrix type character.

I hope you can help figure out the name or at least the author as I would like to read this again.

Lady Jodie

I think I fingured it out...Maybe

After ALOT more research and banging my head against the wall to aid my memory I am wondering if I could be thinking of The Sword of Truth books. I also remember one part of the book when the boy/hero went back to the home of his friends (a wizard) he was told that the two trees growing beside the wizards home were his wife and daughter or that they marked their graves, something like that.

Does that help at all?? Am I on the right track??

Jodie :)

Aye. That's Sword of Truth. The author is Terry Goodkind. It's quite a long series by now so you've got some catching up to do.

I just got the book today from the library. I had forgotten how large it was!! But that is always a good thing. :D Thanks for all the help I can't wait to get started!!!!

Back